Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TMTC and the Forest Service are working to open parts of Angelina Forest to
motorized vehicles. One sticking point is how to handle the water crossings and
TMTC has offered to have a civil engineer (preferably a P.E.) look at the situation
and make recommendations.

...any of ya'll fit the bill?

·
Registered
64 Posts
What will be needed from the P.E.? (review, design, and stamp)
Will they be needed onsite?
Has there been a geological study of the soils performed?
Do you have hydraulic studies on the water crossings?

·
Registered
94 Posts
nonesuch said:
What will be needed from the P.E.? (review, design, and stamp)
Will they be needed onsite?
Has there been a geological study of the soils performed?
Do you have hydraulic studies on the water crossings?
As I understand it (I have not been directly involved in these conversations), TMTC needs a Civil P.E. to visit the site with TMTC and the forest service personnel to examine the water crossings in question. Basically, give an opinion to both sides of the table regarding the concerns of the forestry service.

One, need to know if there are legitimate concerns. two, need to understand workarounds and their impacts if the concerns are legitimate.

Thanks,
Stacy

Please call me asap if you can help or know someone that can. (281) 507-6024 cell phone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know and work with a handful of civil engineers but none that interested in the sport who would be willing to work/travel for free. If it was a review only issue, I know they would help me.

If there is any pay involved and travel expenses are covered, one PE I know who moonlights from TXDOT may be interested.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm sure we could cover expenses (like gas or mileage), but no pay involved right now. Just a review and give thoughts on the situation.

We'd like to have a civie that's well-versed with our recreation, preferably a 4-wheeler themselves. That way there would be no built in bias about those "4x4 ******* bubbas tearing up the place".

Please contact me offline, if they are interested. I don't get a chance to check the forums all that often.

Thanks,
Stacy
stacyATsouthernhighrollers.com or imcooterATyahoo.com

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
Stacy,
got any updates??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just had a TMTC phone meeting Sunday night and we got a small update.

It seems that the Forest Service is talking again. Our lead person that's been folowing along on this has been to one meeting already and they have 3 more planned.

Not really sure about more than that because someone else has been the lead on it and I've not been that closely involved (yet).

Stacy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts