Texas 4x4 Forum banner

CO2 Tank refill

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  m1009Krawler 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a recommendation to get my CO2 tank refilled in the Clear Lake / League City area?

#3 ·
I can only find one anywhere close. They charge $5 for the 20oz tanks, which is what a welding supply shop will charge to fill my 10lb tank. The closest I have been able to find is in Alvin.

#5 ·
just a note, when they "fill" the tank they are just equalizing the pressure between the tank they are using and yours. So, if theirs has say 300psi thats all they can put in yours. it never trully "fills" the tank.

I take my powertank to a company called AirGas, you may have seen their trucks on the highway. Look them up, they have always been more than helpful.

Just a word of warning, they will try to tell you that they will keep your tank and put your regulators on another used tank. After a bit of arguing they always end up seeing my way and giving mine back 2finger.

AirGas will truly fill your tank with 10lbs of CO2, not just equalize the two tanks. They have quite a few locations, hopefully there is one near you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.