Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ive been in the Navy for 5 yerars stationed in San Diego for 4 of those. Finnaly my time is up and Ill be leaving SD on monday afternoon of teusday morning. Gonna be a long drive but its gonna be AWSOME to fianaly be back home with normal people. Cant wait to meet some of yall and do some offroading!!

Nick

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
Been wondering where you have been... Good to hear your hitch is up and your soon to be on the way home. thumbup Look forward to meeting you and doing some wheeling..

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Cool !!!

Cool Deal. I did 4 years in the Navy BM3 here. Retired>>LOL I was in San Dog and then shifted home ports to Japan. It's all fine until you have nightmares of being back in.
Nothing like getting that short timer attitude and everyone around you hates it. LOL
My LPO didn't even ask if I was around. My Senior Chief told me to get the hell out of here in the morning. AAAAAAHHHHHHH, the feeling of coming home. The 13 hour flight from Japan to LA was cool.
No more annoying BM waking everyone up in the morning....no more balls to four. No more stairs. NO more Main space fire drills.
Man I tell you to this day, and I got out in 97, I still wear two pairs of socks.lol
Mike

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yep thats about right! The end of all those drills, Man Overboard at 3 am WTF I was sleeping, General Quarters was always a good one nothing like sitting around for 4 hours stuck on top of a plane in the hanger. I can not wait untill I am done with all of this fun, under 2 years. Any time some one comes home alive and heathly, with some good sea stories of course, is always a nice thing.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
thanks

Thank you for your service to our country and welcome back to TEXAS!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Any military story is worth listnn to.

Mud on Army training.

Welcome back and thanks for serving our country.

Freedom comes at a price..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your service, it sure is nice to be back in Texas. I served in the Army for three years and deployed to Iraq for one. It was a tough year but we learned a lot about being soldiers and a lot about life. It was an honor to serve and I as well got to romp around Iraq in my Humvee quite a bit. God Bless America.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
unick said:
Well Ive been in the Navy for 5 yerars stationed in San Diego for 4 of those. Nick
The Navy...yeah, it is a wonderful feeling. Life is great after the military. Everything else seems like Gravy. SD was a nice place to hang. But, we shifted home port to Japan.
I was on LSD43 Fort Mchenry.
Mike(BM3)
Cool you coming back!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts