Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I can lay my hands on a dana 60 front axle out of a 80's GM with 4.10s, how much do you think I could get for it? Just a drop out from a old truck. Does it matter if it is out of a dully or a straight side?

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
SRW would bring anywhere from 900 to 1200 and a DRW would bring anywhere from 500 to 800. Really depends on how clean the axle is and if it's complete or not.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Calcote said:
Why is the DRW cheaper?

Less desirable. In ordrer to run a DRW (dually version) you have to swap your hubs to SRW versions or run deep offset rims (like stock hummvees) to run the axle. Unless someone is actually going to use it under a dually application.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
MUDDSLINGER said:
Why would srw or drw make a differance on a front axle?
The bearing hubs are completely different.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i payed $500 for my DRW front 60. SRW are more expensive. it cost about 300-500 to convert a DRW to a SRW. most people don't want the drw because with some regular rims they will stick out allot. i am running a dually 60 front with a dually 70 rear because i got some hummer rims im goiing to run and they have 7 1/4 of backspacing. so should fit nice.

But as far as prices got the place i was at didn't even know they had a front 60 left ( manly because it was under a dodge) And sadly i got the 4x4 guru with me who gets on the walky talk and tell his boss that ford 60 sell for $1000. lucky the boss said well give to him For $500 or $800 for the 60 and the 70. So it all depend where you go and who you talk to.

front 60 are hard to find but damn the place i went had enough rear 60,70,80, 14ff to supply a damn army. still all under truck from different years and models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts