Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
recreator of insanity
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tranny or t-case died the other day while going to pick up my daughters. when it shifts into second gear it jumps into a lower gear and vibrates violently, all the while making scary sounds. i get income tax next week, i have about $2000 to play with. i am going to remove the t-case and have it rebuilt professionally, and buy a crate tranny from Orielly auto for around $450. myself and a friend will do the swap. i will have enough money left over to maybe get some other junk. i cant wait to have my ride back.

·
Registered
379 Posts
i second that....turbo 400 with a 205.....can't beat that...wish i had 2000 grand to play with....blew all my money on my motor so much more i wanna buy...lol

·
recreator of insanity
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there any differance in torque convertors? i am going to replace mine and dont know anything about them? i am going to stay with my original config. i am gonna have my truck towed to my dads garage on monday evening, and Capital J and I are going to take the t-cae and tranny out on weds. it takes 5 working days to get the tranny in stock at the auto store.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
what was you wanting to know about the torque convertor? brand or stall?

brand i don't many brands but i got one brand i will be getting and that is a B&M, unless i find out more about the other.

stall for good off road and street stick around 1800 to 2500. make sure you got a good tranny cooler as higher stall will create more heat!!

·
Super Moderator
6,117 Posts
The one I had in the K10 for a while would stall up to about 1500, which was nice with my built 350. It worked pretty good with the 400 too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts