Texas 4x4 Forum banner

Engine recipes

8K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  TXTJ 
I just started picking up my lunch at Whataburger in the mornings. Before I leave town for a day wheeling trip, I stop and get 2 burgers "dry". I take a piece of foil and ask them to put the patties in the foil. I pick up a couple packets of ketchup on the way out. When it's about 11am or so, I put the patties on the intake near the throttle body. There's a wire loom that holds them on the engine. About 30 min to 1 hr later, the patties are hot. Pull the burgers out of the cooler put in the ketchup and patties. Except fot the cold buns, it's just like having a Whataburger drive thru on the trail.

Also, I get Opa's jalapeno and cheddar sausage from HEB. I wrap them in foil in the morning. They also sit in between the throttle and valve cover. Just be sure they don't interfere with the accelerator linkage.

They can also sit on the exhaust manifold if you forget to get em out early.
Anyway, all you need is tortillas after that.

Manifold Destiny Is A Cook Book That Uses Your Engine To Cook Stuff But Its Like 75buks Used
Got it for $13 from a used book store, ships Monday.

Manifold Destiny Is A Cook Book That Uses Your Engine To Cook Stuff But Its Like 75buks Used
Got it today, I'll post some recipes when I find some good stuff.

Here's a sample of the beginning of the book.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.