Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are me and Oldgoat the only father and son that share the same interests??? Just curious. Man, you guys parents must be boring. Me and Oldgoat both have our own rigs and have taught each other many things about building them up the way they are.

Oldgoat taught me to weld when I was 8 or 9 years old and has taught me alot since then. I have taught him a few things along the way also.

Just curious if anyone else has a dad as cool as mine?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I've tried to get my son interested in wheelin. He's more into the bling bling street scene. I'm still holding on to hope that I may be able to bring my daughter over to the dark side. She has wheeled with me before and I've let her drive any trails/obstacles she wanted to try.

·
Super Moderator
6,117 Posts
Me and my dad have been into it for a long time. He's got his 49 Jeep Truck that we've both worked on together, and eventually we will rebuild my old blazer. My brother is also a wheeler and my mom used to be a little bit.

·
OOOsahhh
3,905 Posts
My dad is dead,but I`ll ask him if he wants to go wheelin when I see him.
My son and I are bussiness partners,we fish together,and he sometimes wheels. He has a 90 Burb on 39.5 boggers.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
My Daddy taught me how to drive offroad and got me started on wrenching, rebuilding carbs, brakes, tuneups, etc and I just went from there. My youngest daughter (mouse) and my son (romeo_33) are both into wheelin.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
My Dad spots for me at Krock ... with both knees replaced jamminzz my son love to wheel named one of my jeeps KWAZY when he was 2 .... he 9 now and wants to drive welder beer

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
wheeling

Thanks Clint.
Wheeling is very cool and of course we wheeled when Clint ( Stretch) was young and I had a Power Wagon and later on a Ramcharger and we had a dune buggy. I somehow let wheeling slip away for a long while but thanks to Stretch it is a huge part of my life and new friends like all of you are a great part of the wheeling family.
When Clint and Brandy bring along a 3rd generation of wheeler we will really be rockin.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
my father and i enjoy boating and watersports together but here in a few yr's my daughter will have her first rig.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
My 2 year old is still kind of leary of the Suburban....454 w/ straight headers is kinda loud for a toddler......I will be building is first rig this summer....a lifted radio flyer......

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I take my girls out playing in the mud and sand on the beach. They thinks it's sooooooooo cool watching the mud hit the windows and hood. They have really enjoyed playing in my toy they call the Beast.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
My dad is a retired hot rod guy, so we work on street rods together. He doesn't much care for off road stuff, except for dirtbikes when he was younger. When I was at home, we used to go wheel'n on our bikes together.

My wife loves to go wheel'n with me and now that she has her own K5, she's ready to tag along and get a little mud on "her" tires.

My brother and I have wheeled together in his Burb and will again after he gets home from his tour in Korea. I look forward to a trip in IL and Gilmer after he gets back in July.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
way back

This was about 1980 me and Clint in 2 wheel drive. Stretch was only 2 feet tall back then. He could walk under my lifted 79' Power Wagon

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
chrfal 1funny1

·
Latin Lover
3,138 Posts
My son is 8 years old and he loves to wheel with my wife and I. He currently has a PW80 Yamaha and wants to become a professional motorcross superstar. He rides front seat and loves to help spot for the best routes. I am currently building a one ton Jeep and he is trilled with that. His mom drives "Lynne's Toy". Hopefully he will stay interested in the sport and both mom and dad can help him build his offroad vehicle of his choice. This sport has brought our family closer together. I use to fish tournaments, but my son didn't take interest in that.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
OldGoat said:
This was about 1980 me and Clint in 2 wheel drive. Stretch was only 2 feet tall back then. He could walk under my lifted 79' Power Wagon

thats AWSOME!!!! i have lots of pics of my daughter and me with all of my toys through the yrs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts