Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone hasn't been to General Sam's in Huntsville...you should REALLY consider checking it out. It is a GREAT place to 4x4.

Here are some shots of a Hummer out there...that had NO business being out there.

This is the BRAND NEW 2005 Hummer that was stuck out at General Sam's on Saturday. It had 200 miles on it when he entered the park Saturday afternoon. :ROTF :ROTF :ROTF

There are no words to really begin to describe the scene...but it was bad!! He had absolutely NO chance of getting through this mud hole. He was wedged in between to steep ledges that wouldn't allow him to move even an inch.

Without further adue!!

For the record...YES...those windows were left down the entire time he was trying to get out, so the whole dash was covered in mud. :Nuts:

I have more pics...but these were the best shots.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
Looks like he broke it in right thumbup

·
Registered
471 Posts
jamminzz Who's bronco get the Hummer Recovery Vehicle sticker????

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...the Bronco actually did NOT get that Hummer out. It tried and tried...but the rear end was not locked and it couldn't get the traction to yank it out.

In the end...it took a CHEVY to pull the poor Hummer free.

This guy in the Chevy was showing NO MERCY. He'd get 15' of slack in that strap and just FLOOR IT. So much momentum it would yank his rear end up in the air several inches on every pull. After about 40 minutes of this...and more than 10 pulls...it finally pulled the Hummer free.

It was a GREAT show!!!

·
I've met Johnny Cash
2,207 Posts
LOL. I think Old Mean Green (below in sig) might would have liked a piece of that. She is allergic to rocks and trees, but pulling things, well, that's just our game...

Heh, I do give the guy credit for having the stones to take it out. It's one of the few to ever see the dirt, new or not.

·
Registered
339 Posts
xanthias said:
LOL. I think Old Mean Green (below in sig) might would have liked a piece of that. She is allergic to rocks and trees, but pulling things, well, that's just our game...
Ditto Xanthias! SuperBronco was built for rescue and retrieval. I outgrew the urge to try every bottomless hole I found, instead I like to be there for our younger four-wheeler brethren in their time of need! Although a few brewskies can radically change this philosophy, taking me back to the good old days, when me and my rig were ten feet tall and unstoppable!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts