Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I worked on the scout this evening and got my steering fixed. I replaced the seal on the orbital, the seals didnt cost me anything. jamminzz (If anyone needs hydraulic parts in the lubbock area check out Glen Nalls Hydraulic Shop at 2412(?) ave. A) While I was at it I pulled the pump and put new seals in it and did the WTO mods. It made a huge difference; the pump puts out enough so that the truck will steer at higher speeds and is more powerful at low rpms.

I also got the 35" SSRs that I got from a friend put on the K10. It looks a lot meaner. :evilbat:

Now I need to get some new plugs for the scout and change out the rear springs on the K10.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Get some pics of the K10 with the new SSRs.:cool:

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
jamminzz How much did you drill out the hole?? I was scared to drill it but just a hair bigger.

Are you bringing both rigs to Amarillo? smokin

Those 35's look nice, I bet... rockonn

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drilled the hole out to 5/32", which was about two sizes bigger than it was already. I also removed a shim from the piston and stretched the spring out to 2.5". It seems to work good so far.

Yes, I will be bringing both trucks to Amarillo. I will probably run the K10 in the bog.

Sorry, no pics yet. I tried to get some tonight, but the batteries in the camera went dead. I'll try again during the day.

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As requested.

Played with the scout a little bit this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
to cool man....i wanna crush a car lol

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
K10 looks good with the SSRsbigok

Scout sure has come along way since the begining, looks really good.rockonn

·
Registered
477 Posts
you goin to post zach? just wondering if you were goin to go or not cause of the amarillo drags later in the month

wes

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I was rich I would. But since I'm not, I'm saving my money to go to Amarillo instead.

Thanks for the compliments. 8)

The steering is messing up on the scout again. I have to turn the wheel real fast to get it to turn and as soon as I stop it releases pressure on the ram. I'm thinking the pump may be acting up and not letting enough pressure through. After I shut it off I was leaning over the fender and heard a pop that sounded like it came from the pump. I'm wondering if the pressure valve may be hanging up.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
I wanna go wheelin......:puppydog:

Tires look good Zach thumbup you've done well with both the Scout and the Truck

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts