Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What else do I need besides whats on this list. I know there is something I am missing.

Klune-V (pirate vendor)
s a w air shocks (myk)
steering wheel (grant)
Tube (smileys next week)
seats (summit)
Engine, Tranny, Tcase (done)
Tranny Cooling Lines (summit)
Tranny Shifter (junkyard/summit)
Tcase Shifter (junkyard)
Gauges (summit)
Fuel Cell 15 gallons (summit)
External Ford Fuel Pump (autozone)
Switch Panel (Homemade)

· Registered
281 Posts
If you want the cool factor, EGT???or maybe diff temps?? Air speed indicator or artificial horizon. :evilbat: But I think your list covers the important stuff, to allow you to shut down before damage.

· Registered
4,993 Posts
RPM is one gage I think you should have. A switch board will be needed. Winch, but that can come later. Fuel cell, should be on the list. You already have the seat belts. The only thing I see that is not listed is your skins. What are your plans there? I'm looking at bullet proof glass right now for the sides, and sheet metal on the floor.

· Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mudgod said:
RPM is one gage I think you should have. A switch board will be needed. Winch, but that can come later. Fuel cell, should be on the list. You already have the seat belts. The only thing I see that is not listed is your skins. What are your plans there? I'm looking at bullet proof glass right now for the sides, and sheet metal on the floor.
a tach is on the list. Lexan will be used for front and rear windshields. Sheetmetal will be used everywhere else.

Fuel Cell does need to be added to my list for pricing and fuel pump. Winch will be later.

· Registered
4,993 Posts
Here is pics of some gages
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343310&page=7&highlight=x-chassis

· Registered
4,993 Posts

Here is another dash. I like the way floor is done here. It doesn't look to hard, plus it is screwed on so you can in there from the top if needed.

· Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
poly bushings for links and crossmembers
Driveshafts
Hydro Valve
Hydro Lines
Tranny Cooling Lines
B&M Shifter Tranny
Tcase Shifter
Gauges
fuel cell
fuel pump
misc, nickel and dime shit
Klune-V
s a w air shocks
steering wheel
Tube
seats
Sheet Metal
5.38's
Battery
Tail Lights
Wheels and Tires
Brake Lines and Calipers
Rear Axle
Engine, Tranny, Tcase
Hydro Cylinder
Headlights
heim joints
k & n filter

· Registered
4,993 Posts
That should get you started! You going to run any rock lights? You have a brake booster yet?

· Registered
521 Posts
mudnmyvayne said:
Has anyone tried the pedal/booster combos like the sand rails use? Looks way better than any bulky factory setup...
Sand rails do not use power brakes. Just standard CNC or Neal pedals usually. JJ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.