Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i work with a drilling bit company i get to see the rig move and running and such. Figured i would take some pics of the rig being hosted up. i got some pics of the location showing all of the trucks and stuff that is needed to bring a rig up but as you go down you will see pics of the rig going up.
http://www.supermotors.org/mygarage/vehicles/content.php?id=7324&sID=26159

This is a rig i was at yesterday, this is one of my father's rig that he looks over. While i was taking pics people thought i was the safety guy!!! lol

oh well they knew who i was when i unloaded a 17 1/2 in surface bit and a 12 1/4 in pdc bit!! i put them to shame too cause one guy tried to help but he could pull the bit over to the right spot i told him to walk the bit but he still couldn't move it lol. so i drug it over without breaking a sweat lol. they weigh around 200 to 250 and they are a 17.5 in wide and about 19 in tall so they are really heavy for their size.
hope ya'll enjoy the pics.

· Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is long from being new just cleaned and painted often. it is their oldest rig i believe. but they now have 18 rigs would have 19 but rig 10 burned down.

· Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this was cause there was gas blowing and as they was removing stuff and securing everything a spark happened and set the place ablaze!! no one was injured so it was alright other then losing a multi million dollar rig!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.