Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this REALLY needs a pic to go with it, but I can not get one, the truck is in another town. It is a:

2002 Chevy Z-71 extended cab short bed
- fully loaded, everything looks great
- professionally built custom 15" suspention lift
- 44" TSL with about 75% tread with Weld Racing wheels
- 4.56 gears
- stock axles though
- about 115,000 miles

This is defenatly not a wheeler; just a cruise around and look good up high kind of truck. I know that really is not this site's sort of thing, but I though I would see what you guys thought.

Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
I would say the blue book value plus half of what it took to get it setup like it is. Having the stock drivetrain on that setup and depending on the mileage the truck is not going to be worth all that much IMO. Unless you are just in love with and can't live without it. Then it's going to be worth whatever the owner is asking for it.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
Unless they did a straight axle conversion on the front I would pass it up. Call or Email james @ brutal offroad for questions on this type of rig with the stock IFS

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I am not in love with it, and will probobly pass on it, unless I get a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Unless that is exactly what you want it is not worth much more than if it were stock. Aftermarket acc. usually hurt the resale value of a vehicle. I actually traded in a pickup about 10 years ago that had nice custom wheels and tires on it. The dealer said it would work out better if we swapped the wheels and tires onto the truck I was getting and he kept the bycicle tires and stock wheels with hubcaps. Bruiser I think you found this out recently when you tried to sell you PSD with the parts you had bought for it correct?

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Hardline said:
Bruiser I think you found this out recently when you tried to sell you PSD with the parts you had bought for it correct?

Your'e right, unless someone just really likes the way your truck has been done most people like them in stock form.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I wouldn't touch a truck with 1/2 ton IFS and 44's with a 10 foot pole, they're just not built for it. But on the price, blue book plus half of cost of mods, maybe. I don't htink 4.56 (4.88's or 5.13 would be my min...) gears are low enough either for those tires, I'm guessing with those tires, gears, and that many miles you'd be looking at tranny problems and a grenading rear 10 bolt in the not so far future...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Delete

That is what I needed to know. Thanks guys.

can go ahead and delete this thread

1 - 8 of 8 Posts