Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do ya'll think?

i had the idea thrown to me to take my drivetrain our of my toyota, the tires and the fuel system and battery set-up and transfer that to a yj and then build up the yj to fit the 39.5 boggers........
well its just an idea that was tossed at me and i think it would be fun then i'll be left with a yota rolling chassis with a 12" lift and no tires lol. and then i gotta find a yj that is a rolling chassis and then put lift and everything else on it.........

so my question is should i stick with the yota and keep modding and building it or venture off into the yj idea?

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
keep the toy

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i will probably do but i just htought i'd share my thoughts since gathering whole on the web is back lol.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i've been lookin at that those alot today, you guys keep an eye for me a rolling yj pls.....i got a nice idea i might want to try....

·
Registered
477 Posts
just keep the toy, updgrade the axles on it, have lee build your flatbed

if you went to a yj youd have to get 60s at the same time cause i think that would be easier than runnin toy axles under a heep.

so just keep the truck, be unique, there are thousands of jeeps out there, so havin a nicely done toy truck, although it is gettin more popular, is still more original

wes

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i was talkin to Lee about building the flat bed for it.....

and my axles in the toyota will handle anything i can put at em, they are built already with chromoly axles in the rear and longfields in the front. so no worries with the toy axles.......its just a thought i'm having and thinkin would be a nice swap and build lol...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Keep the Toyota...

You've put so much work into it, I'd hate to see it just sit there.

On the other hand, if you do decide to get a YJ, I would like to get your frame setup from you. PM me with a price you'd have in mind.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well if i can find a yj then i'll let ya know, if i can't find out then i may just stick with the yota

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Keep the toyota, It's way cooler than any yj will ever be.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah and i guess i still have alot i can do with it just need to sit down and see what all options i have to make it "Awsome" lol.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts