Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trucks have been in my blood for many , many years now. It started innocently enough with a FOUR WHEEL DRIVE magazine in the eighties.
One of my first 4wd's was a samuria, followed by another, and another, and another, and maybe one more.
I also have had a Toyota Landcruiser whle stationed in Panama.
Today I have 3 vehicle of which I am working on.
First and forth most the once running but broken down truck now. It is a 84 chev half ton with one ton running gear and 454 rolling on swammpers.
The engine bagan knocking and transmission locked up so now I am working on working on it again someday.
Second truck is a 3/4 chevy long bed with like 35 inch tires and its future consist of dropping another cab, motor, and drivetrain in another day after someday.
Third, but coolest none 4wd is a 1950 chevy half ton. To date I have installed 305/th350, drive shaft, 12 bolt rear axle, tilt wheel, and front disk brakes.
with chevy What I want though is a jeep and not no ordinary jeep but cj5, or 7 with chevy 350 in it and maybe some 35 inch tires. IDK maybe some day after I figure out what to do with all my projects.
-Walter (Clay)rockonn

·
Full speed...half lit
7,882 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tha nu guy

you know you ar new when you are ranting in another tread that you cant find your orignal post.
I wanted to share some pics.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yeah that looks like a cover truck from mid to late 80's 4 wheel drive magazine, looks cool. I could use that dump bed to haul some dirt and gravel for my drive way. NICE

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah that looks like a cover truck from mid to late 80's 4 wheel drive magazine, looks cool. I could use that dump bed to haul some dirt and gravel for my drive way. NICE
Thanks, I was most definitely inspired by magazine cover trucks! strpot

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Welcome!! How did you do the tilting bed?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
The 80s called, they want their tilting step side back 2finger

Welcome & nice truck beer

Dont hate you know you wish the Blazer would do that. Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Dont hate you know you wish the Blazer would do that. Welcome to the site!
A titling body! That would be sick for cleaning it out with a pressure washer!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think there are support groups for guys like you! LOL. Welcome aboard bud.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts