Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carol Smith has been working hard for us...let's help....here's her request:

I NEED YOUR SUPPORT NOW!!!! I need letters written, phone calls made, emails sent.

I have been working diligently during this legislative session to get another
funding mechanism for ATV/MC/OHV trails on the floor. This will be a sticker
program, $15 per year. HB 2897, sponsored by Juan Hinojosa, Democrat from McAllen
and SB 1311, sponsored by Ken Armbrister Democrat from Victoria are in committee
now.

I need everyone to contact the sponsors of this bill to give them our support. Feel
free to forward this info out to all your contacts, clubs, anyone you think will
respond. If you are an officer in a club, and/or can speak for your group, mention
that group and how many of you there are. I would appreciate it if you would not
forward my email address if possible.

Please put these bullet points IN YOUR OWN WORDS and either fax, email or snail mail
a handwritten letter as soon as you can. Fax or snail mail is best, I know it's not
the most convenient, but it holds more weight. Just scribble your thoughts on a
sheet of paper and fax it. It's just that easy - just that effective - your
handwritten, faxed letter will be read. IF YOU VALUE MOTORIZED TRAILS - NOW IS THE
TIME TO ACT!!!

thank you for looking after our interests as ATV/MC/OHV users in a state with
little public land
this legislation is very important to us in our quest to open lands for motorized
trails
this legislation will provide us with an additional funding mechanism to open lands
this letter requires no direct response from you ( unless you want one)
If you have other points to make, feel free to do so, just try and keep it on a
positive note( If you feel you need to mention SB 155 , do so in the frame work
that it took away your place to ride/wheel - vent it's fine - but end on a
positive note- let them know that this will help get you an alternative place to
go.)

PLease be sure an address them as Senator, and if you are a constituent, mention
that also.

Contact info:

Attention to: Senator Juan Hinojosa, (512) 463- 0326 Fax, PO box 12068 Austin, Tx
78711-2068 or email : [email protected]

Attention to: Senator Ken Armbrister ( 512) 463-0326 fax PO Box 12068 Austin, Tx
78711-2068 or email to: [email protected]

If you can, please write to the following committee folks and your individual
legislators with the same message.

Senate Natural Resources Committee, Chairman is Ken Armbrister, members are
Barrientos,Duncan Estes, Fraser,Hinojosa, Lindsay, Lucio, Shapiro and Staples clerk
phone # (512) 463-0390

all senators have the same address and fax # listed above with K. Armbrister

State Cultural and Recreational Resources Committee Chairman Harvey Hilderbran,
members are Geren, Bailey, B. Cook, Dukes, Kuempel, Phillips clerk phone # (512)
463-1974

All state rep's have the same address : PO Box 2910, Austin, TX 78768-2910

fax number is: (512) 463-5896 Be sure and say who you want it to go to!!

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
attached the bill. It's in word format.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
The wording as listed on the state sites is not 4x4 related, read the bill and definitions, this is for ATVs, OHV or 4x4 is nowhere in the bill to be enacted.

I am not saying this is not a step in the right direction but we need to make sure they add "full size OHV" to the bill.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/79R/billtext/SB01311I.HTM
Sec. 29.001. DEFINITION. In this chapter, "all-terrain
vehicle" has the meaning assigned by Section 663.001,
Transportation Code.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/MSB26ATVLaws.pdf

TRC CH. 663
ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLES
Subch. A. General Provisions
TRC §663.001. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) "All-terrain vehicle" means a motor vehicle that is:
(A) equipped with a saddle for the use of:
(i) the rider; and
(ii)a passenger, if the motor vehicle is designed by the
manufacturer to transport a passenger;

·
Registered
94 Posts
Legislation info - People to send letters to

As a minimum, please fax (or write) to the people below. In addition it would be beneficial to send a fax (or letter) to the Senator and Representative responsible for your district. You can find out who they are by putting your address into this webpage: http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/fyi/fyi.htm

Keep it positive. Be sure to mention that you support both HB 2897 sponsored by Representative Rene Oliveira and SB 1311 sponsored by Senator Juan Hinojosa. Other ideas to write on if you feel obliged: Thank them for looking after our interests as ATV/MC/OHV users in a state with very little public land, this legislation is very important to us in our quest to open lands for motorized trails, this legislation will provide us with an additional funding mechanism to open lands.

If you have other points to make, feel free to do so, just try and keep it on a positive note( If you feel you need to mention SB 155 , do so in the frame work that it took away your place to ride/wheel - vent it's fine - but end on a positive note- let them know that this will help get you an alternative place to go.)

All Senators can be faxed to at (512) 463-0326. (Make a fax sheet for each Senator, but fax them all to the same number.) Alternatively, you can write to them individually at PO Box 12068 Austin, TX 78711-2068.

Senator Juan Hinojosa
Senator Ken Armbrister
Senator Gonzalo Barrientos
Senator Robert Duncan
Senator Craig Estes
Senator Troy Fraser
Senator Jon Lindsay
Senator Eddie Lucio, Jr
Senator Florence Shapiro
Senator Todd Staples

All Representatives can be faxed to at (512) 463-5896. (Make a fax sheet for each Representative, but fax them all to the same number.) Alternatively, you can write to them individually at PO Box 2910 Austin, TX 78768-2910.

Representative Rene Oliveira
Representative Harvey Hilderbran
Representative Charlie Geren
Representative Kevin Bailey
Representative Byron Cook
Representative Dawnna Dukes
Representative Edmund Kuempel
Representative Larry Phillips

Thank you for your support!!

Stacy Newman
OHV Rep, TMTC

·
Registered
60 Posts
The lack of support shown for something like this SUX, not just here but on every board I have seen it posted.

People will talk pages about things like what should I do for a lift or what size tires should I run or who is meeting at Hooters, should I use Charmin or Angle Soft to wipe my ass.
:mad:
However, when talk turns to being somewhat of an activist and helping to get more land to actually wheel on they choose to sit on there ass and let others do the work.

Hell, if someone sent in a letter or fax post that you did please, we all know the monkeys see and the monkeys do.

436 views on "Remember they are suposed to do something" and only 73 views on this thread. :cry:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Stacey,

What is the significance of those Reps/Senators that you had in your post? Are they known supporters of us? Some are Houston Reps/Senators, but others are not. I was going to fax all of our Texas Reps/Senators, but that is alot, I still may.

I think a good start for everyone is to fax the Reps/Senators whom represent you, I know I have.

Come on guys we need to support these bills!!!!!

tssl beer jamminzz rockonn jamminzz beer tssl

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Does anybody have the fax # for our US Reps?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Us Reps (202) 225-9903 fax

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is the State Legislators we need to contact, here are the links, every name has contact information including FAX.

Texas Senators of the 79th Legislature
http://www.senate.state.tx.us/75r/Senate/Members.htm

Texas House of Representatives
http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/welcome.htm

Here is a link to a good article on talking to Bureaucrats......
http://www.delalbright.com/Articles/letters.htm

I have made a page concerning this issue.......
http://www.4x4republic.com/chance_for_sticker_progam.htm

·
Registered
94 Posts
The state senators and legislators that I posted are the ones currently writing/re-writing this legislation in committee right now.

The senators in my post are in the Senate Natural Resources Committee.

The representatives in my post are in the State Cultural and and Recreational Resources Committee.

These are the ones to write to RIGHT NOW.

(Russ, I sent out 20 faxes last week and have already received one response back by mail.)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Stacey,

Thanks for the clarification. I sent faxes out to my three reps, 2 senators, and the bill sponsors. I will fax the rest of them tonight!

Adam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts