Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered what was up with this. I went to get inspected, and they say the headlights can't be more than 52 inches off the ground. I passed, cause mine are 51.5, but my truck really isn't that high off the ground. Keep in mind, this is in gainesville. They would pass an inspection on a waggon here.....

James

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
i thought it was 54"???

anyways, i know mine is 54 and they dont check things like that around here so i dont really have to worry about it at this point....

·
Registered
471 Posts
jamminzz What ever your tape measure says!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
depending on vehicle......on mine its 12"s of lift and 39.5 boggers lol.....

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had a 85 Ramcharger on 38.5"s that barely passed because the headlights were mounted so high in the grill. Just remember, the law doesn't say you can't relocate them.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
exactly what he said......just move em to a spot where your still legal

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Take it someplace else, some else maynot notice it.
bluebomber said:
just come over here to pottsboro and have it inspected and you won't have to worry about it

lol

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
snow plow lights under the bumper work great ... also had a friend use flip light like on a Fire bird and mounted them so the poped out from under the bumper ... :bling:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought about mounting some headlights with a plug that can be removed and putting in a switch in that sends the power to either the real headlights or the "inspection lights".

I am still good until August though so knowing me, I won't do anything about till around July 31st.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts