·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How was the bowling Tourney???

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
From my point? The bar in the first bowling alley was pretty nice. I couldn't stay in there long though because Carrie and the other women struggled a little. I had to be out to keep everyone motivated.(yeah right) In the next place, coaches weren't allowed near the bowlers and they had no bar. We had to figure a strategy over a brick divider.

Carrie says she isn't upset with the way she bowled. She wasn't bowling as well as she does here but she did better than in years past. All in all she had fun and that's why she bowls.

As usual we didn't even look at a map when we left the house Friday. We got into Dallas and called for directions to my oldest daughter's new place. We got there, dropped the younger kids off and visited for a little longer than we should have for traffic reasons. With rush hour traffic we still madse it to Austin 5 1/2 hours later. The only map we had was the one that the bowlling association put on the confirmation paper. One of these days we'll end up lost but it's fun for us to just follow our nose to get where we need to be. We ate at some great places and made some good memories with the group. We got in about 2:30 this morning tired but a little relaxed from having a child free couple days.

Next year we're coming to your town Rastus. Yep, that's right. We're going to be in San Antonio for her tourney. Maybe we'll do the trip like last time. Head out on a Tuesday without a map and just head southwest (or South, or West) and hope to make it to the hotel by Friday. This time we are going to see more than 5 minutes of the river walk though.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Oh

And it sure felt good to wake up to the thunderstorms yesterday morning and not have to worry about pumps, flooded pits or anything work related. We ended up following the rains home. bigok

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kool deal... toast

bring on next year.... :evilbat:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
When we heard them announce where the tournament will be held, we got excited. I hope we can schedule our weekend so the kids aer out of school and we can maybe make a mini vacation out of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.