· Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys what do ya'll see wrong here.

Divers side

P.side

· Registered
1,629 Posts
the frame is a little bent. I've got a great one out of a 84 model you wanna buy it?

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
Dayum, MG, what was you doing???

· Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have got longer shocks. Looks the shock is bending the frame down when the axle is flexing out. I guess I'll pull the shocks off the front untill I can rebuild it.
Fulltop,
I can't do anything right now, but thanks. I have always want a tube buggy, looks like I have everything I need, but the tube. :)

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
what shocks are you running? what length are they, compressed and extended?

· Registered
1,629 Posts
are you running pro comp 9000's? I was going to order some this past weekend but didn't. I will probably just keep running mine with out shocks. Seems to work fine sitting in the shop.

· Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
16" travel Pro Comp shocks 32" over all.

Bruser, thanks! When are they having the drawing? I need to know how time I have left so I can stripe the Blazer down.

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
You're saying the shocks are bottoming out at full extension when flexing - as in the shocks are what stop the down travel? or they do not have enough compression room and are pushing up??

· Registered
1,629 Posts
looks like a little of both, but more on full extension. I'm sure your shocks are what stop your down travel. You could run limiting straps.

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
I think it's compression, if it was pulling the frame outward there would be two bends, one in frt and one behind the shock. and the indentation just in front of the bend would be up not down. I'm thinking he needs to move the shock towers up higher.

· Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

It is an extension problem. The bottom of the frame is going in and is causing the top to get that crease. I needed shocks with 18" of travel, but did not have the money then. I was going to add some straps, but then I read how the Pro Comps have bump stops built into them. Besides I not out jumping with it, right?

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
Well.... 8) lernt me somthin

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Time to throw those axles under a Zuki jamminzz jamminzz

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
TX_ZUKI said:
Time to throw those axles under a Zuki jamminzz jamminzz
fightte hogwash fightte

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.