Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I've met Johnny Cash
Joined
·
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a particular camping area you guys want to set up at?

I'm a Katemcy newb, so clueless about the features.

Mapquest tells me it's about 5 1/2 hours from my place to Mason, TX, so I would guess I'd be there early afternoon Friday.

LOL, check this from the home page of the K-Rocks site:

:: WARNING ::
Katemcy Rocks is not for the full size Powerstrokes, Excursions, etc... because scratched paint, dents and broken parts are more than likely to happen.


That about sums it up. Hope Hatch can make it, or someone else will take pity on me. bigok
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,631 Posts
xanthias said:
Is there a particular camping area you guys want to set up at?

I'm a Katemcy newb, so clueless about the features.

Mapquest tells me it's about 5 1/2 hours from my place to Mason, TX, so I would guess I'd be there early afternoon Friday.

LOL, check this from the home page of the K-Rocks site:

:: WARNING ::
Katemcy Rocks is not for the full size Powerstrokes, Excursions, etc... because scratched paint, dents and broken parts are more than likely to happen.


That about sums it up. Hope Hatch can make it, or someone else will take pity on me. bigok

as long as you arnt worryed about the bumpers you can run aggie hwy EASY

...as for camping you'll see when you get therer theres lots of space
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
space

You will be able to get your rig into the camping area with no worries. And I think there probably at least a couple of trails you will be able to run especially with the lift and tires you have.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,819 Posts
.......and one time at Katemcy Rocks X took his SD on the trails.........






To be continued with full rollover pics and detailed story.lol :evilbat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,631 Posts
Bruiser said:
.......and one time at Katemcy Rocks X took his SD on the trails.........






To be continued with full rollover pics and detailed story.lol :evilbat:

BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..... thud 1funny1 :evilbat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,743 Posts
Stop it Eric! Your killing me :)
 

·
Mas Tequila
Joined
·
18,252 Posts
yup... you can just follow me X... I always take the easy lines 8)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,401 Posts
Bruiser said:
.......and one time at Katemcy Rocks X took his SD on the trails.........






To be continued with full rollover pics and detailed story.lol :evilbat:
chrfal chrfal 1funny1 1funny1
 

·
I've met Johnny Cash
Joined
·
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Notes to self:

1. Do not trust MG. You have seen him do weird, evil, godless things with his SuperDuty. Do not follow him; this is a man who spits driveshafts like you spit toothpicks.
2. DO worry about your bumpers. You don't have extras at home.
3. Do not follow Rastus. The last time you did that, you turned over, broke a windshield and caught fire--all on the same trail.
4. Benji must be bribed to keep silent. Offer to help him change out a major braking component on his rig in camp. He likes that.
5. Do not trust Goat's estimation of what you can run. His rig has full hydro, big meat and less sheet metal than a dune buggy. He is not living in the same reality as you.
6. DO re-read the warning on the K-rocks site. It is there for a reason. You are too old to cry in front of grown men because you scratched that Fat Pig of a Truck you love so much.

.....

OK, I think I'm good to go. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,152 Posts
I plan on leaving here early friday morning. It looks like I'm about 6 1/2 hours from there so hopefully friday afternoon and not friday night. I'd like to set up camp in the daylight for once.
 

·
Mas Tequila
Joined
·
18,252 Posts
xanthias said:
So, no particular camp area (such as we had at Barnwell) you guys have in mind? Anyone else showing up Friday afternoon?
no, there isn't. Once you go in there is a big open area where everyone camps. there is a spot kinda in the middle with a big oak tree or two that would be a good spot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Gary:
Come as late as you want. The gate at the entrance may be closed, but it
will be unlocked. There will be a sign at the entrance that says either
Katemcy Rocks or Kruse Off Road (depending on who puts what up). Come in to
the camp area find a place to sleep and we'll get you checked in the next
morning.

Shain



from the k rock people. so come as late as you like.


i am going to be there around 1 or 2 am on saturday... lets at least come up with a meeting place for saturday... that way if we dont get in the same site we can still meet up... i should be on channel 35 on the cb when i get there. does anyone know if the cell phones work...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
???

Cellphones... at Katemcy, are you dreaming, if you get on top of a high hill maybe... had my AT&T, Alltell and SprintPCS last trip and got an analog signal a couple of times of course that was a year or so back and maybe they have done some GSM upgrades in the area but it does not look like it on the coverage maps I have checked out.
We will probably be on ch 4 on the CB BTW so tune in homeboy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
10-4 good buddy... just keep it on for when we get there. haha.

where is a good meeting place incase i cant reach anyone wehn i get there... i want to wheel with yall in the morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,631 Posts
xanthias said:
Notes to self:

1. Do not trust MG. You have seen him do weird, evil, godless things with his SuperDuty. Do not follow him; this is a man who spits driveshafts like you spit toothpicks.
2. DO worry about your bumpers. You don't have extras at home.
3. Do not follow Rastus. The last time you did that, you turned over, broke a windshield and caught fire--all on the same trail.
4. Benji must be bribed to keep silent. Offer to help him change out a major braking component on his rig in camp. He likes that.
5. Do not trust Goat's estimation of what you can run. His rig has full hydro, big meat and less sheet metal than a dune buggy. He is not living in the same reality as you.
6. DO re-read the warning on the K-rocks site. It is there for a reason. You are too old to cry in front of grown men because you scratched that Fat Pig of a Truck you love so much.

.....

OK, I think I'm good to go. :)
Dude realy dont worry we got stock Fj60 through Aggie Hwy we can get your S/D through you shouldn't do more that some Texas pin strips




bone stock 60 and 40 rockonn beer welder
 

·
Mas Tequila
Joined
·
18,252 Posts
xanthias said:
Notes to self:

1. Do not trust MG. You have seen him do weird, evil, godless things with his SuperDuty. Do not follow him; this is a man who spits driveshafts like you spit toothpicks.
:shocked!:
xanthias said:
2. DO worry about your bumpers. You don't have extras at home.
simple fix... hacck
xanthias said:
3. Do not follow Rastus. The last time you did that, you turned over, broke a windshield and caught fire--all on the same trail.
:evilbat: I'm innocent..I was following River Rat 1funny1

xanthias said:
4. Benji must be bribed to keep silent. Offer to help him change out a major braking component on his rig in camp. He likes that.
Benji keep quiet??? Ha!
xanthias said:
5. Do not trust Goat's estimation of what you can run. His rig has full hydro, big meat and less sheet metal than a dune buggy. He is not living in the same reality as you.
He just wants you to experience the wheeling first hand from the comfort of your own air conditioned rig.. smokin
xanthias said:
6. DO re-read the warning on the K-rocks site. It is there for a reason. You are too old to cry in front of grown men because you scratched that Fat Pig of a Truck you love so much.
We will never say a word X,...promise
.....
xanthias said:
OK, I think I'm screwed. :)
naaa.... We wuv you popcornn
 

·
I've met Johnny Cash
Joined
·
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HaHa! You're all evil!

chrfal @ Rastus

Kling-on, you are giving me soooo much credit and I thank you... the first round is on me for sure. When you see my superduty, you will realize instantly that I have absolutely no hard core credibility whatsoever and will never, ever, voluntarily "pin-stripe" it. 1funny1

Now, put me in, say, a borrowed Sami and I'm a wheelin' madman!! (right Zero?) bigok

But, I'm bringing food, beer, equipment and a good attitude, so it's going to be fun (I've been looking forward to this for months). Like I said, looking for a ride-a-long with Hatch or someone else for the fun stuff

Goat: In addition to the cooking stuff, I'm going to bring in terms of equipment:

60" Hi-Lift
Awning (will try to buy one if budget allows, 50/50)
Cordless power tools (sawzall, drill, light, circular saw)
Grinder (will need a generator for that if we need it)
Sockets & End wrenches
Shackles
Snatch strap 20K
Extension cords
Box fan
Digital camera that will hold 500 pics
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top