Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , whats up .. I have got allot of usefull info off this forum , so i thought i would join ,,, and show off my new purchase (score) !!! I cant wait to get it ,, i just got off the phone with 4wheelparts ordering wheels tires , and lift .... Im excited ,,, what yall think about the $$$ ,, i think i scored big , considering other 4runners with higher milege where goin for $3500 and up ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=4546217566&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
congrats toast almost like christmas, huh :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah , but my dad isnt playin santa no more !!! I thought the price was right though because of what nada had it listed at !!! ne- ways ,, thanks 4 the replies,, I'll post some pics when i get er lifted !!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I sold my '87 with over 160K miles and the 4wd didn't work (I told the buyer this) for $2400 a couple years ago. Mine was NO WHERE NEAR as clean as the one you just bought.

Looks like you scored a great deal. They are VERY reliable and fun to drive trucks. I say "trucks" because it is much more of a Toyota truck than it is SUV IMO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well it was 2 good to be perfict ,,, on the way home it kept gettin warm , so i did a compression test and found the #2 cyl is weak ( 40lbs ) ,, looks like i need a head !!!

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
jrhurst said:
well it was 2 good to be perfict ,,, on the way home it kept gettin warm , so i did a compression test and found the #2 cyl is weak ( 40lbs ) ,, looks like i need a head !!!
Still not a bad deal, Is that the only thing it needs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so far , that and the back window dont work ( havnt had time 2 check into it ) ,, i have a guy in Weatherford buildin me a head for $150 ,, and i guess it would be wise 2 go ahead and replace timing components ( thats gonna suck) ... I hope to have everything (engine ,lift, wheels tires , minor stuff )done within a month ,, guess I wont be gettin any seat time on my quad for a while !!! oh well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.