Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to leave before the awards were all passed out. Just found out I took 3rd place on the Rock Garden in the Unlimited (Big Dog) Class. I was a little dog in the big dog class. I still didn't make it up DeWoody (they forced us to the left side for the competition). I broke nothing all weekend.

The Rock Garden course laid out for us was cool; definitely not "start at one end and drive to the other." Very challenging; several broke trying to push it too hard and get the best time. But they forgot that time doesn't matter unless there's a point tie. Back-ups and out-of-bounds hurt them. I just took my time. No stop penalties, two back-up penalties, one boundary penalty. During the walk-through my spotter and I had already planned one back-up and expected one out-of-bounds at a monster rock.

I had a blast.

·
Premium Member
13,159 Posts
thispicis Congrats on 3rd place... jamminzz

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Congrats Hatch!!beer beer

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I almost never carry my camera any more (pics are the same thing over and over). There were plenty of still and video cameras out there; I'm sure some photos will eventually show up.

Thanks fellers.

Congrats to DFW-TX4WD for a great event.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
pics

Hatch we know Slinky has had several mods since the last pics so post some when ya get a chance, we would like to see the current Slinky! I also would like to see the trailer pics since you finished the mods to it. Maybe you posted those but i cannot find them in the search.
Thanks man.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
congrats Hatch... did they have sand drags this year 8)

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No sand drags...good thing: I can't win a pure speed race :)

Pics: I guess it has been a while. It's still fugly. Might be getting fuglier soon.

·
Registered
471 Posts
jamminzz Way To Go... Maybe I'll make it to any dog status one day.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
Hatch on DaWoody

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The true caption that goes with this picture is below

"It's starting to lean more...can we hurry up and get me hooked up to something anything and get me outta here!"

·
Registered
154 Posts
Pictures will be up at the DFW site in the near furture. Hatch did a wonderful job building and Driving.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Gordon said:
Pictures will be up at the DFW site in the near furture. Hatch did a wonderful job building and Driving.
Can you post a link Gordon?:cool:

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
pics

Nice pics Hatch! And I disagree about fugly, it is looking great and obviously doing a great job on the trails.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts