Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
military old style tires

I found somebody that will tread me my 35 bfg's alt's for a set of military tires that have around 95% tread left. I was looking on the net from a tire reveiw but they dont have any. So does and body know the pro and cons of this tire (old still tire). My freind has them and said that he liked the better in the mud b/c his motor is week so he can spin the mililtary tire and stay on top b/c the tssl dug to much

1funny1

so is there any body that can tell me about the perfomance in mud and on trails thank you for eveything​

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "old still tire" got any pictures or can you draw a sketch of the tread?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
they know have two diff stills of tread. go to www.militire.com and you can see them for your self b/c i cant draw wourth a shit but the older still has big lugs on or near the side and the center is 2 lines that are squggley and they are about 2 or 3 inches long the other tire is more of a all terrian tire b/c the lugs are pretty close together. If you click on the web site the ones in the middle are the ones i need info on. They look more aggresive thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
Would that be the Style?? I'm guessing he's looking at the gen. 2 non-directionals.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I don't know what a "still tire" is either, but the tires you describe are the Bias-ply hummer tires. Wrangler RTII I think is what they are called.

Anway, I ran them for a bit, as well as the 35 inch Wrangler MT's (Radial hummer tires). my opinion of both tires is not very high. Neither will do very well in the mud. The radials seem to work a bit better on the rocks (aired down of course). The bi-ply's are usually just too chunky... hard compound and dry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.