Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which model? I want it to be 220V, none of that 110 crap. Needs to weld 1/4 and/or 3/8" in one pass.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
ive welded 1/4 in one pass with my 110v. 2finger

but i also have a welder at school thats 210 that i like alot. ill check the model i know its a miller something. jamminzz

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K5FreAK said:
ive welded 1/4 in one pass with my 110v. 2finger

but i also have a welder at school thats 210 that i like alot. ill check the model i know its a miller something. jamminzz
me too, i've got a cheapy home depot lincoln right now, I can make some nice welds with it, but i'm sick of brushing the flux off of every weld I make. When I could just make a nice clean weld and leave it for the world to see.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have a Millermatic 250. Does a good job for me.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Stretch said:
i've got a cheapy home depot lincoln right now, .
1funny1 yea, it was cheap for you.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
there millermatic 175 is perfect for home and will do anything you need and more. it is a smaller machine but size doesn't matter and it is 220v.

i'd run .030 wire in it but if you are welding alot of 3/8" i'd go up to .035 wire.

http://store.cyberweld.com/mil175witecc.html

you can get it for around 700 without the cart.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
another option

http://store.cyberweld.com/hobhan175.html

hobart is made by miller and you'll get the same excellent customer service if you ever need it. they are almost identical with the exception of a few plastic parts vs. metal. i haven't heard anything bad about the hobart stuff. it really just depends on how your budget looks. if they made a hobart tig similar to the syncrowave i would definately consider it.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mykwillis said:
there millermatic 175 is perfect for home and will do anything you need and more. it is a smaller machine but size doesn't matter and it is 220v.

i'd run .030 wire in it but if you are welding alot of 3/8" i'd go up to .035 wire.

http://store.cyberweld.com/mil175witecc.html

you can get it for around 700 without the cart.
I think that would do for my use at home. Is this the same place that you bought your miller?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
no, but i have bought stuff from them. i bought mine from the place on ebay but the price difference wasn't much. i want to say like maybe 20 bucks or something. i think i got my shipping for free but see what cyberweld has to offer. i am going to order another plasma cutter from them next week.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a millermatic 210 and couldnt be happier. I've welded up to 3/8 with it in one pass and the welds came out perfect. I would not hesitate to do 1/2 or maybe a little heavier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts