Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
recreator of insanity
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i met a new friend that is into the 4x4 scene. he drives a full sized bronco. we and a couple other friends of mine went wheeling at a place called Snowball. its here in joplin, mo. alot of rocks, small trails with lots o trees, hill climbs, insane climbs that i wont ever try, a stream to go threw, mud holes deeper than my rig, and even a cool big cave, large enough to fit about 3 full size rigs in.
snowball was always the place to go back in the day, but a couple of years ago a local 4x4 group leased it and turned it into a pay to play type thing. none of my circle of friends went for it, as we were too used to going for free..and who wants to pay $20 to go anyhow? i know, i should suport local 4x4 groups, and blah blah blah. anyhow, they went belly up, now for the first time in two years the front gate is wide open, all traces of the group is gone, except for the killer new trails. we wheeled both days last week end. the first day i sheared a pin to my t-case shifter, so i just 2 wheeled it (it was kinda late). then while trying like hell to climb a too tall trail, i got a sidewall hole in my rear tire. (i used a plug kit and it is still holding air)
on sunday my new buddy shane(bronco), capital J (bronco2), flea(new dodge extra cab) and myself tore it up. i was worried about flea, cuz he was driving the biggest and nicest truck, and he did great. we did this one hill climb that was loose rock/gravel. it took shane 3 tries in his 80-ish bronco, then i did it in 4 tries, then flea gets up there in the first try! shane and i tore the footing up, it was really loose, but that newer dodge didnt even spin the tires. very impressive from a totally stock rig. we lost about 2 hrs of time when shane decided to go down an insane incline and got hung up on a small some what hidden stump. it poked a small hole in his tranny pan. he used jb weld and finbally got it done. on the way back to the gate we found Capital Js dad in his Brand new chevy truck..its a 2005! he got the idiot award of the day. his rig is so sweet, all the options, beautiful cobalt blue..so many reasons not to wheel it, but he was, trying to impress his girlfriend (which he did). his dad watched as i went down the "ledge". its a very hard trail to go up, one that i may never attempt. i went down it fairly easily. then J did too. the ledges are about 2 or 3 feet at the max. his dad decided it was too nutty to be tried in his rig...we all agreed. so he went down another farther down the main trail. on his way down the other trail, the ass end got away from him while applying the brakes. he ended up sliding into a tree, put a decent sized dent in the rear of his cab and part of his bed. some scratches as well. that really sucked. im all for having a good time, but friends shouldnt let friends drive real nice trucks off road. i went back to fleas house sunday night to drink beers and watch movies, and all he wanted to do was talk about four wheeling. it was great because it was his first time behind the wheel. hes all about now. glad i could turn someone on to the sport. also glad to find new friends within my own circle of friends that wheel. the more friends wheeling, the more chances to get it done safely. anyways, next time we go, i am bringing the camera. i promise.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Glad to here you had fun! People try and tell me all the time not the take my F250 out, but I do, or did anyway. Now I have a blazer for rocks and trails, and the F250 for mud and rivers. Don't worry about it, or give any prizes when they dent them up. They are doing what they want to. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.