Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I'm moving back to DFW after living out in San Diego for the past 6 years. I've been doing some wheeling out there and would love to meet a good group to wheel with once I get home and get settled in. I have an 86 samurai with a spring over lift, full cage and GSRII T-case. I'm only running 31" tires now but I'll be doing a YJ conversion very soon. I've got the spring just need to get the time and the kit. I'll be living in North Richland Hills when I ge therem should be the first week of May.

Bill Pistole

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
Welcome back home. there are a lot of guys in the DFW area who wheel, and quie a few with Zukis... Myk Wills, Stretch, Tz_zuki, Hatch.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent. I look forward to meeting up and checking out some of the local spots. I was a little worried there wasn't going to be much wheeling in North Texas but it seems like it'll be alright.

Thanks,
BIll

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet, a SAS F-150. What front axle did you use. Is it coils or leaf springs? That must have been a huge job. I've been thinking about an SAS sidekick but my sammy is probably good enough for now. Did you fab the lift yourself? I have a 4wd S10 blazer with a 5 inch lift but it's still not that great with the IFS. Converting it to SAS would be awesome. If only I had more time, money and knowledge....

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
elotsip said:
Sweet, a SAS F-150. What front axle did you use. Is it coils or leaf springs? That must have been a huge job. I've been thinking about an SAS sidekick but my sammy is probably good enough for now. Did you fab the lift yourself? I have a 4wd S10 blazer with a 5 inch lift but it's still not that great with the IFS. Converting it to SAS would be awesome. If only I had more time, money and knowledge....

I used a coil-spring HP44 out of a 78 F-150. I used the 6" skyjacker coils that I had from my 6" ttb lift. It was definitely the biggest job I've done to my truck, but it wasn't as bad as I tought it would be initially. Everything I learned about doing a SAS I learned from the interneet, mainly pirate4x4.com.

Next project will be a dana 60 rear...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.