Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the K50 @ Longview 4x4 w/ Cecil. What are you having him work on?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump....

Still curious....

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't in town when you posted this. I thought I would take the blazer to his shop and have him make me a longer drive shaft. I told him I needed a lot of travel. The first big rock I tried to climb it came apart. I guess I got to much flex. Also I wanted him to fix the leak on the transfer case. It still leaks!. He replaced the U-joints in the front axle. I had hoped he would shim up the front axle for me, but he wouldn't do it for some reason. Did you see the way I cut it up? It did alright this weekend. I should have all the pics up later for you to view.

Looks like I'm going to swap out the 56" front springs again and put some 52" springs in. The pinion angle really is all wrong with the 56" springs. Put the 52" springs in should fix that and not give up any flex. I need to do something new with the back shocks. I busted both of them this weekend. I might be down for a couple weeks. So, I have a lot to work on right now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speaking of Cecil

He and I have started talking about putting together a build sheet for a D60 in the front of the GEEMONS. I'm not in a hurry, but it will allow me to plan funding for the project. We're probably gonna go with an NP208 and a RockCrusher based HP D60 with balljoint knuckles. That should match pretty close with my 14 bolt SF setup in strength. I'll be able to do some solid runs with that. Nothing crazy, which is good, because I'm not crazy. I'll stick with the 35s and moderate lift to keep a throttle on everything.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
xanthias said:
OT: Hey, MG, when you tow with your SuperDuty, do you have any kind of supplemental air bags in the back to level you when towing? Is your ProComp lift all-spring? How's the rear sag in towing?
Hey X, I have an all-spring lift for a 3/4 ton truck. It will sag an inch or two maybe, but those lift springs don't really sag any. Just go and tie on to something and see what it does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts