Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

· Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting tomorrow!
My blazer, that I did so much work too, has a bent frame. Couple of ways that I could have fixed it. I am going to go the cheapest route for me. I was able to find another blazer frame and body for free. The project will be swapping everything from the old rig to the new frame. Same old rig just getting a newer frame and body. I plan on adding some new mods. also. Old Goat is going to help me pull the motor, T-case and trans. in the morning. I'll try and keep this updated as work is done.

· Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just $25,000 on the land down payment. The Buggy project is still in the planning stages. I'm doing this so I will have something to drive while it is being built. Hoping to start ordering parts for it in Sept.

· Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the hood and sides off tonight before the rain started. So, I jumped up in the cab and started up the motor. It might a be a few weeks before I can hear my Flowmasters sounding off again. :( I have been thinking about new stuff I can do to it. Thats not even the goal of this project. The goal is to have something to drive while I'm working on the tube chassis.

· Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fourwheelerjeff said:
thispicis
I didn't think anybody would want to see a pic of it without the hood and doors on it, Jeff. I be sure a get a pic of the new body when it comes in.

· Registered
1,812 Posts
ah yes, that is why I cut the samurai up into little pieces so I couldnt get sidetracked from the buggy. I got the design figured out on graph paper, to scale. Now I just need a bender and some tube. Should be starting next weekend or so.

· Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Camera phone pics. I stopped by today and looked at it. The frame looks great. I'll have to do a lot with the hacck , but that should be the fun part! So, what do ya'll think. It will take a little work, but should be worth it.

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
Looks like a good start toast

I'd see if I could find a K-30 and cut the drivers side frame rail out of it and replace the drivers side frame rail on the K5, the 1ton frames are a lot heavier (stronger) than the 1\2 tons..

· Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Judging by the grill Mudgod, it's a 89-91 model. Just an FYI. Looks like a good project for sure.

Ditto on what Rastus said!! jamminzz

· Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How much frame rail? Just on the end around the steering box?

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
If possible I would replace the section from the 1st body mount ( where the firewall comes down by the speedo cable) to the frame horn

· Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Rastus said:
If possible I would replace the section from the 1st body mount ( where the firewall comes down by the speedo cable) to the frame horn

I did something better than that. I bought Bruiser's front D60. This axle is sweet! Detroit locker, 35 spline outers, 35 spline inners without the tappers, 1350 yoke, all new seals, OTT hi-steer arms, and many many more goodies. The axle is set up for full hydro. So, the blazer will have full hydro steering. I should get to pick up the "new" blazer tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.