Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to the "yard" and scoped out what I need to pull parts from the 60 and load the 40 up on the trailer and WOW the body is cleaner than I thought and the 60 is WAY more fawked up

the 40

the 60

http://www.texas4x4.org/gallery/album282

I hope to go get it while ya'll are wheelin Katemcy this weekend since Pickle went down again I got a free weekend hope to start tearin her apart real soon

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so the plans are to tube fenders SOA with the Fj 60 axles and spring flipped for a 104 or so wheel base. FJ60 P/s box Sag pump , The f motor to SM420/rockbox/3spd case combo my 33 swampers for now hope 36-38's later ... I was going to chop the rear fender all the way around but the tube nice enough I think I'll just open it ... I'm still chopin the rockers to the floor going to toss in a stock roll bar for now till I can afford to get Brutal to buld me something ....

LETS GET IT OWN!!!!!!

hacck beer hacck beer hacck beer welder welder beer hacck beer jamminzz

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
BRUSH BUGGY HUH ...... chrfal I kinda like that name jamminzz

well she's home finaly ...pulled the plugs and spun her over by hand rockonn got to rewire her to see if she'll fire over then I'll stick the trans in ... goin to gut the wires and seats and re do her K-rock here I come ... didN'T get the axles yet but I figure I have plenty to do with the motor and trans for this month welder

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bruiser said:
Looks like a nice cruiser from the pics. bigok

I got the pick of the crap parts ...I gona chopem up any way ... but like a dumb @SS I got 2 drivers side fenders fightte so I got to go back and get a passanger side ... probly wont do that till I get the axles nexted month.. but ya the body is fairly clean ... the frame has NO ROT at all the rear sill is toast but I plan on puttin a 2x2 tubing in there and rolling the rear fender back to the frame hacck welder beer welder beer jamminzz got to strip her out first though

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Looks like a fun project.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I got SHYTBYRD up in austin now and started stripin her dow got everything out of the inside and unboxed some of the fun stuff hope to get a motor houst nextd week and realy get after it put more pic on the album page .... got to get her runnin this winter ..at least I'm in doors now jamminzz here are the better pics

when I pulled the seats out the frames fell apart so I guess I wont try to use them now smokin

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
what axles are those?

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

got it in there trans crossmenber is also most done just need to weld it more

did it three time cause the shifters hit the floor and the case hit a brace you can see it partly cut out in the pic... added more pics to the link also... still hopen to have her at least runn buy first week in march ... but I'm startin to think it wont happen

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.