Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the middle of my buildup of my 74 CJ5, for this first stage I have replaced the carb, exhaust manifold, exhaust system, starter, 2.25" lift shackles, SOA'd on stock narrow track axles (I know it's scary huh) welder , that's it for this stage so far. I am currently hunting for some full width d44's, plans to put detroits front and rear with 4.56's, build a full roll cage, rock sliders, then later down the road maybe bobtail the rear hacck . I also am about to buy a 6" RCD to add to my 00' Z71. jamminzz My father has a Warn M12000 on reciever'd for his 3/4 Yukon XL that I'm going to be putting a reciever for on my CJ, yeah its overkill but hey whatever I can get my hands on works.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ya'll, I just finished the front SOA today, my buddy and I couldn't get it high enough to put the leaf packs back under with floor jacks and jack stands so we use my frontend loader on my John Deere with safety chains and blocks to raise it up high enough nonon . Definitely not something to make a habit of but we made darn sure we were clear and out from under it. I also pulled the front driveshaft so it's time to get a longer one. I'll get some pics up soon. My 31's sure do look small under it now, I still need to remount the shocks and u-bolts. jamminzz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.