Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just started this week, but I'm enjoying it. After applying for a job at Discount Tire for 3yrs. I finally got the job. I'm still learning but I'm already doing everything like balancing, mounting tire's on rims and such, etc...The only thing I'm not allowed to do is "lug up" (mounting tires on vehicles) due to insurance reasons, I have to have a full time employee watch me lug up for a week or so before I can do it on my own which is all good. I'm getting the hang of everything as a newbie, but it's one of the most fun jobs I could ask for. jamminzz

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Cool, now we have someone to ask about tires prices!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Cool deal, I've got a set of 40's you can practice balancing!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I just got off awhile ago, I'm having a pretty good time doing this. The only thing I don't like about it is mounting low profile tires. Like today I had to mount new low pro's on a set of 20"s which suck'd bad, it takes a good amount of prying, strength, and weight to break the bead and pull the "dead" tire off. Oh well I'm still getting used to it but it's fun, as for balancing 40"s I'll pass, 35"s are already kinda difficult.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Tires are fun!! fixed any flats yet?

I enjoyed doing them because they were all the same size, brand, and weight, and they all went on the same size rim :D On top of that, I didn't even have to really balance them :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I've fixed some flats and all, but every vehicle that roll's in is different so it keeps you on your toes..lol. There's been some pretty nice rigs that have come in, a 70 or so Bronco rolled in with 37" MTR's came in yesterday and I checked it out. Not to mention there's several set's of Xterrains and Swampers (used) sitting in the back waiting to for someone to buy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fourwheelerjeff said:
fill us in more bigok
Lol.. 1funny1 I'll let ya'll know when some more come in, they're usually pretty cheap, but it all depends on how much tread is left, because one set of Xterrains has about 10% tread left...I don't think anyone wants that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.