Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, new to me, that is.

It was suggested by a few that I post up here and talk about what my plans were for this thing. Well, my plans are to have fun. Sure I will piddle, but I don't have any thoughts of major mods to be done. I guess if it breaks I will fix it. Other than that, no major plans. chrfal

I bought this off of a guy on one of the other forums.

Here's the package.

87’ Suzuki Samurai

94’ 1.6L tracker motor with Full Circle motor mounts and tranny mount
Trailtough transmission adaptor plate
Weber carb, and a header
CJ front springs in the rear
Samurai rear springs up front (these are Rancho 1 1/2 in. lift springs)
Trailtough missing link shackles up front
Rancho 9012 shocks on all 4 corners
Spidertrax rear upper shock mount
Ford F-250 Shock mounts up front
Toyota pick-up axles with 5:71 gears
welded in the rear
Lockright up front
all new bearings and seals front and rear
Custom hy-steer with Tracker power steering
GRS2 transfer case

(Most of the above is greek to me. Some of it might be good, some might be bad, but it's all there!) stupid

I bought the Sami without tires and rims and have put a set of 35 X 14.50 boggers on it.

I've also bought 4 guages to install. Temp, Oil Pressure, Volt, and Tach (Thanks to Ruttdigger for the help and guidance at pepboys) Two of which I have installed and the other two are sitting on the kitchen table waiting on Father Time, and me, of course.

I've already switched out the tailgate (it was beat to hell) to another one I picked up in good shape and put my switch/lock/handle set on it. Basically the old tailgate was "just there" nothing more.

As you can see in the For Sale section, I've picked up a load of parts from the guy also that I am selling, in hopes to make enough money to cover the trip to OK and back, gas was a killer. (Also, thanks to Ruttdigger for helping me unload all of the stuff out of my truck.)

I'll tell you one thing, that Ruttdigger guy is one hell of a guy.

I've also started a list in the Wanted section of stuff I'm trying to pick up.

I think I've rambled enough by now. One thing's for sure, this Sami can do more than I am capable of. Being a newbie, I have a ball just piddling with it, much less wheelin' with it.

I've got a couple of pictures from the guy I bought it from, but have yet to take any of my own. If I knew how to post pictures here, I'd happily do so. It's not perty, but it runs!
thispicis

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Congrats on your new rig! Looks like it's time to change the web site name to Zuks are us! chrfal

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
mudgod said:
Congrats on your new rig! Looks like it's time to change the web site name to Zuks are us! chrfal
jamminzz jamminzz jamminzz jamminzz jamminzz jamminzz jamminzz when you gonna burn that blazer and get a real wheeler?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ya'll. I went and bought a bunch of cans of spray paint today, did a few test spots to see what it looks like. Man, is this gonna be fun!!!

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Congrats!! sounds like a awesome Zuki. bigok

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got to play for a little while yesterday. I'll tell you one thing, being a rookie, this thing will do much more than I'm willing or capable of doing. I think I had to change my drawers twice yesterday and I was probably doing something minor that ya'll would laugh at. I really don't care too much though, it's a blast. I'll just add that to my list of things to keep in my trail bag, extra undies!!! rockonn

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually, I don't know him well at all. I've spoke to him on the phone several times, lots of emails, and met him once. He's really been a great help in my search for a Sami and giving me confidence I am looking at good deals. Not to mention he's been very willing to help share his knowledge. Especially when it came to a pile of parts I've picked up and have posted for sale. It helps to know what you have before selling it.

Check out my for sale post on Parts for sale. See if there's something in there you need or know of someone who might need any of it. Got lots of goodies.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That just might come in handy in the next year or so.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gary, maybe you misunderstood my intentions. I just referred a new client to you. Do I get some kind of commission or a price discount when I finally come to you for a new house?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.