Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured this goes along with tools a safety so here goes:

Well I severed 20 years in the Air Force and always had to take my wedding ring off at work. Did sheet metal work so it was dangerous to wear it. I lost 2 of them over the years. I've been wearing my ring constantly for the past 10 years trying not to loose another one. I love my wife and wear it out of respect for our marriage. I have had welding slag get under it more than once (That Hurts) but it healed. I was on a ladder today and had a hand full of wenches and stuff. On the way down I caught my ring on one of the rungs.......... Show this to you wife if she gets mad at you if you don't wear yours.

My wife said not to wear it at work anymore.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
I was on a ladder today and had a hand full of wenches and stuff.

My wife said not to wear it at work anymore.

wenches, huh... hmmmmm strpot

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
About 6 months after I got married i saw a cowboy get his finger smashed between a gate and a fence by a feisty horse. The smashed/broken fingers were bad enuff,but the damage caused by the pinched wedding ring has stuck with me for years. I still dont wear mine.

·
One day closer to finish!
3,791 Posts
To me, whereas I understand the sentimental reasons behind the rings, if one takes it off for a good reason, then the other should understand. The love should be strong enough that a ring does not matter. This sounds like a security issue with oneself.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Haven't had mine on in over 9 years for that reason. The old lady understands and doesn't want anything bad like that to happen.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Can't wear mine at work either, it's a safety rule. Leave it in the truck when I get there then put it on when I get off.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Mine got me hit by 220volts when I was young and new to my trade. Never wore one again.bigok

·
Registered
373 Posts
When I was in 4th grade, I was helping my dad build a house and watched him hook his ring on a nail climbing down off a framed wall. He was hanging by his finger until I could get a ladder over there. I will forever know what a finger looks like when you turn it inside out. He doesn't wear his any more!

Wore mine for the first year and it got crushed when a box fell on my hand. It has been 10 years since I had mine on. Partly I can't stand to wear jewelry/watches/necklaces/etc and partly to not rip my finger off. My wife understands!

·
Registered
913 Posts
For me it's a personal conviction,I have worn mine everyday since my wife put it on me.I have had it glowing red more than a few times and let my finger heal with it still on. if I have a fear of it getting caught on something I'll wear gloves. I can understand why you all have your reasons for not wearing yours though.
My buddy Josh had a ring tattooed on so he would still have one on no matter what.

Your commitment to your wife is what matters ring or no ring.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I have work my ring maybe 20 times since we got married 4.5 years ago.. I just don't like wearing a ring period, but I will wear it on certain occasions. No way id wear it at work or in the garage, I don't want that kind of risk.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I basicly only wear mine if im "dressed nice" any other time im prone to start working on something so probably about 10% of the day most of the time, but since I have been going to school she shows a little more interest on school days.chrfal

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Im not much on tattos but when I married my wife I went that nexy weekend and had my wedding ring tattoed on my finger still keep the real on in her jewery box

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow, ya'll are making me feel lucky, been married almost 8 years, don't take mine off...only everyonce in awhile doing certain jobs where it kinda digs into my hand. I got a titanium one when I got married, so its pretty tough. Down side is you can't get it resized and my finger is slowly wrapping around it like a tree around a barbed wire fence chrfal

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
mine is titanium also, very strong but lost its shine quickly...and I was not aware I could not resize it. that sucks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I smashed mine once and almost broke the two fingers on either side, that's when I stopped wearing mine. I did get mine tattoed on just to stop the complaints of not wearing one! lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts