Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, due to the fact that my wiring harness is frayed, spliced, respliced, shorted out, etc I tore it all out to build a new harness with just what I need. My problems revolve around the ignition/alternator wiring. My alternator has the letters E F N B. The B is obviously battery. I cannot figure out where the EFN go into the regulator. On the regulator plug I have a blue, whiteblue, whitered, whiteblack, black, yellow and white. from the research I did, white goes to battery, whiteblack goes to ignition, and yellow goes to alt light. So im assuming that those three wires match up to EFN. I dont want to fry an alternator or regulator by plugging them up until it works. also, the coil has a male yellow wire and a female yellow/green wire. im assuming the yellow goes to power but where does the yellow green go to?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have a 82 22r yota. I see a yellow wire with green stripe. Next to the left of the oil filter is a nut looking thing. That is where my yellow with green stripe wire connects. From there it goes to a green quick disconect that has 4 wires total. From there it intigrates into the main wire harness. I don't know if that has anything to do with your situation. Just thought Id throw it out there.

I used the wiring diagram in the FSM that is located at Pirates4x4.com when I had to tangle with my main wire harness.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the FSM's in the FAQ are no longer available. Most of my problem is that my stock harness was so shot that I really had no choice but to pull the entire harness.. this is what i have planned for my new harness. Later on I will add lights and stuff like that, but i'm trying to keep it stupid simple.. just struggling with what i really need for a running vehicle.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really havent gotten any good feedback on what will/won't work with a completely different harness from factory so i guess i'm just going to go off my schematic and wire it up and see what happens. hopefully i dont fry anything important. LOL

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am sure you already have but search real good on pirates. There are many who have done what you are tryin to do. I'm sure you can find the info you need for exactly what you are doing. It will just take a lot of searching. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts