Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i got my autometer gauges in...i hooked up the water temp, but the oil has that plastic line....is that a pain to hook up....will that line blow up,... o yea the gauges are clean....work hell lot better than factory crap stuff.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
make sure you are not rubing on any metal and you should be find. but it would be better to get the copper line from vatozone and use it.
the hardest part i had was getting to the spot where you will hook that line to, which is behind the distributor on the block.

as for it blowing up i haven't seen one that just blew up, usually it rubbed a hole in the line from where they didn't put a rubber grumet on the firewall or it got close to the exhaust and melted.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks dude...back of the block???? is it like a screw in fiting with another screw in round thing with a metal hose going to the factory gauge where it goes????

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with Cody to get the copper line. I did what you are doing and I put the plastic line in. Worked great till I was running way down the beach (30 miles) and I shorted out a wire that melted next to that plastic hose under the dash and had oil running all over my feet and all in my truck. stupid I now have copper line and better fuses on my wires. It is a small hole next to your distributor at the back of your engine. You should have a small canister looking thing screwed into it with a wire connected to it. That all comes off and your kit should have the small compression fitting to put into its place. Good look with your guages. :)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
since your is a new motor i don't know what they put in place of your oil sender. but it goes along the china wall on the back of the block kinda on the driver side of the distributor. you might need the fitting that goes to the block and connects to the line. you should have a round ball with a hole in it( don't know the technical name) and a nut that will slide on the line. you have to have that fitting that will allow you to put that on the block.
if you have a have a mechanical guage in it already and just replacing it with the new guage then you should be able to reuse the fitting in the block. if it electric guage then you will have to find the fitting if you ain't got it.
later tonight i might try to find a pic of what i am talking about if you are not understanding what i mean by that fitting to the block.
unless someone else post about it first!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
If it is a new motor I could be way off about the fitting. Sorry if it caused confusion? I was going by my 78 blazer 350 and what I had to do. Good luck.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow...ok i checked it out...saw the screw in canister looking thing so undo all that all screw in the hardware fittings that came with the kit, as well go get a brass hard line from auto-zone...gotcha....i think i can do this haha....i've done everything else to the truck beside drop in the motor and rebuild the trans.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts