Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, My name is Joe Long and I am opening up my ranch in Llano Co. to offroading. I am planning on having a run on the 18th of June and dedicating it to my good friend Andy Taylor who was killed in the line of duty. Proceeds from this event will benifit a scholorship fund that is in memory of Andy. If any of yall might be interested in coming up please let me know, yall can either e-mail me or respond here. My e-mail is [email protected]
Andy and I were really good friends and he was the one that got me started in wheeling and getting me to open up my ranch for wheeling.

·
Registered
695 Posts
First off welcome to the board. Thanks for opening your ranch to wheelers. What type of terrain do you have out there? What type of fees are you charging. Thanks JJ

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Welcome to the board! :)

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
welcome toast let us know more about your place. where exactly is it located?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have seen pics from this place and it looks to be fun, there are all types of terrain from hill climbs to mud pits.
It is located right my where the slab used to be and it sits on the llano river.

Our AustinK5 crew is planning on being out there on June 18th, so hope to see some others out there.

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Texas4x4.org Joe. thumbup

·
Registered
64 Posts
+/- 1400 acres

plenty of parking

very strict with trash so pack it in/ pack it out (including cigarette butts)

camping on Saturday night (un-sure of rate but last I heard, no charge)

$20 or $25 dollars (can't remember which) with no charge for passengers

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Sounds like a really cool place! jamminzz Now we just need pics.

Welcome to the site Joe!

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
Pics are here Click on Long Ranch.

They take forever for me to load tho.... :(

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
Try again later... I'm getting this error now:

HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected
Internet Information Services

Joe, I will host some pics for you here on Texas4x4 if you like. Just send me or Bowtie a pm to get it setup

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
DFW might have to make a trip out there. bigok

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I've set a target date of June 16 for Jeep purchase and if the Sami sale goes through for me this weekend, Jeep purchase WILL happen (if I find one I like). That'll be just in time for this run.

We need more details on this June 18th run and on the land/park in general. How often open? Do we need to call ahead? etc etc

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gate fee 20.00 (sat.only)
Camp fee 5.00 sat nite (very primitave)
There are a few picks of us wheeling on http://3legged-donkey.kicks-ass.net/Long Ranch_Photos.htm
There is approx 1300 acres of land a little bit of every thing to wheel on. Big granite rocks, deep creeks, some w/mud some with off camber junk. Just lots of fun!! I am located on CR 307 just up the river from the beloved SLAB in Kingsland. If yall are interested e-mail me and I'll send you my contact #'s [email protected]
Very good access by paved county road nice wide main road throughout the ranch. The greatest thing about my place is if you would like to watch you can see just about all of the wild places in a stock 4WD pick up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.