Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to OkieZuk and some other Okie's I had the best wheelin trip yet!!! Thanks again Robert/Adam/Jeff and the other guys for making this a great trip. Cant wait to get to Clayton with you guys.

Saturday morning everyone showed up at camp about 9am on schedule. Unloaded, greeted and made our way to the trails.
A jeep with alot of stuff done to it shredded a serpentine belt to start the day off on the wrong foot, long story short he was done for the weekend.

Next we hit some moderate trails, made our way around and then
me, adam and okiezuk found some good ledges. The first one adam pulled up to it, tried several different lines and couldnt make it (running 36" IROKS). I pulled up got to the same point he did and got out of the way for okie zuk, he tried several different things and then flopped it on its side.

We made our way around for awhile then found this interesting object called THE CRACK rated a 6!!! Adam in his jeep tried it and got the front tires on the top and then fell back in, pulled a benji and ripped the knuckle completely off the axle. Winched him out and back to camp we went.

Sunday we headed out about 9am again. Nothing interesting happened till about 1pm. Okiezuk tried THE CRACK and busted a birfield. So with me being the only one left to try it. I pulled up to it, showed off my excellent driving skills and walked right up to the top, to be crowned KING OF THE CRACK!!!!.

That was about it for us. I did cave in both rocker panels, beat the rear diff cover in so bad it is now going in the trash and being replaced with a BTF model.

Once okiezuk gets home and sends me some pics I will post them up for ya'll.

Should have some pretty good pictures. I had a rookie riding with me that wanted to flop. So I drove up on a big incline and it wouldnt flop, then proceded to punch it and it bounced around like a 5 year old in a bounce house for about 10feet sideways before it finally very gently laid on its side. Took 3 guys to push me over, crank it up and drove away!!! Lets see a fullsize do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jamminzz

I will def. be wheelin with okiezuk and adam again, as long as they'll let me. smokin

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
nice

Nice trip and glad the Zuki did well but why don't you come help me get my FULLSIZE rig finished so I can kick your.... on the trail. lol

·
Registered
468 Posts
OkieZuk took me and Myk under his wing at ZookyMelt last year and really showed us a great time. He is a great guy to wheel with and is very knowledgeable on the subject. Hope to see him there again this year. popcornn

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Glad you guys had a great time. And yes, OkieZuki is a good guy, this might give him a big head. :)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to order my 8:1's, my rear BTF diff cover and throw some new TJ coils in it and I'll be done working on it for awhile. Just have to get time off work to be able to wheel it now. Everything else worked as it should.

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
OldGoat said:
Nice trip and glad the Zuki did well but why don't you come help me get my FULLSIZE rig finished so I can kick your.... on the trail. lol
1funny1 1funny1

Glad ya had a good time & sorry er' one bailed on you at the last minute.... rockonn

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
I should have been there to kick your , but I'm on vaction in jamaica and can't show you all how! at lest I vote when I'm gone!

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
feels good to wheel don't it Clint :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Check out ruttdigger's post for pix. Thanks to Benji for linkin' to Pirate thread I did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.