Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone split apart an NP203? I'm trying to get the reduction box apart from the main case and the rod that connects the shift lever to the rear main case won't come out. I've got the snap ring off on the top where the levers attach to the shift rod that goes through the case, but can't get that shift rod to dis-connect from the reduction box so I can split the two apart.

Any help would be great. I'm going to run a google search and see what comes up.

· Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Cody said:
i just spit the chain out the case and that helped with the dissasembly.....lol
But you didnt have to dig all the little pieces of the chain out of the case. 2finger

· Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two ways you can do it that I have found from searching on google.

One is just to cut it with a hack zaw or zawsall. Easiest way if you don't intend to reuse the rod again.

The other way is to remove the aluminum housing on the rear of the main case (where the rear yoke comes out) and drive the pin out that holds the rod in place. Then it will pull through when you pull the RB away from the main case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.