Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this pic tonight of one of my Jeepster buddies:

It seems he had some trouble on Potato Salad hill at EJS this year. He came out not hurt too bad. There's a couple pics showing him on the way to Moab and then on the way home but the latter may not be suited for younger folk.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
ouch. glad to hear he's not hurt. I wanna see the other pics.

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
dang...that was one heck of a roll... :shocked!:

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Headed to Moab:
Before

On the way home:

After

I got to meet him one day a couple years ago as he came through Longview on his way to Florida from Colorado. Nice Jeepster then.

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
I dunno.... pics never do a hill or trail justice... I know there have been some bad rolls on that hill... I remember a cpl 3 yrs ago a K5 rolling and the passenger was flopping round like a wet dish rag...

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
you know pictures though, they never look as steep in a picture as they really are.

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
fulltopblazer said:
you know pictures though, they never look as steep in a picture as they really are.
very true...

and I have also seen pic after pic of nasty rolls on that hill.

But with a locker or two & a decent driver it looks very doable to me. rockonn

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
Rastus said:
I dunno.... pics never do a hill or trail justice... I know there have been some bad rolls on that hill... I remember a cpl 3 yrs ago a K5 rolling and the passenger was flopping round like a wet dish rag...
I think it is just a "high traffic" hill....so most likely it sees a lot of rigs/drivers that have no buisness even trying.

I think i would hafta pass myself :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Potato salad hill

Potato salad hill is a very small trail/obsticle (40-50yards if even that). Last fall everyone in our group on 38's or larger walked it easily. No one under 38's made it.

It is not rediculiously steep but there is a nice ledge at the top that has all kinds of oil and fluids it from peple standing their rigs on end and dumping it out while trying to make the ledge.

I got a little sideways and in a bad position and called for the winch at the very top. The real bad part of potato salad hill is you just dont flop over you roll and roll and roll 4 or 5 times all the way to the bottom.

It's popular because of its location. You can easliy take a Ddriver rig there and watch people roll.

Moab is AWSOME but you get far better traction @ Katemcy. Granite vs sandstone.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
I'd be pissed too, glad he was alright. Sucks he messed up his jeepster. spankn

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.