Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is ya'll experience with the NO-SLIP unit.
I know the lock-right is no good, also acprokeith you posted on the pirate4x4 that you liked them then on another post you said you hated them, what changed??
I am looking into getting one for the ranger cause i will be pulling a boat probable this summer cause we got a boat last week. So i will need a LS to help me out on the boat ramp.
i Figured it might be worth it for $400 since getting a LS unit and getting it setup will cost a arm and a leg. but with the no-slip it will only take 3 or 4 hrs to put in.
Let me hear of your experience with it and if you know someone that ran one how did it work for them. also i have a manual trans and what i understand i will notice it more??

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
I've had the lock rights and will soon be getting another one.. hopefully two. I like them a lot. Lynne Has the powertraX in her YJ front and rear, and they do very well.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was it good on the street?
not very much problems but other then the posi results?

Everyone on pirate4x4 says the lockright breaks and are really noisy. do you use yours for mostly offroading or on the street??
i am still learning about these things, before i sink money into them.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
i have an ez locker in front , works good, also an eaton in rear that is very good on road.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
she drives her jeep all over and never has ay problems, on or off-road

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I was nine on fullsizebronco, I had the lockright and it was great, my dad has been running it with 38.5's in a 6500lb ramcharger and he drives like a maniac on the trail sometimes and it is still holding up just fine.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'll swear by the lock rites. When I ran a D44 front I broke both axle shafts but never the locker. I have a lock rite in the 14b rear of the Firetruck still and have not had any problems so far. I used it as my daily driver for a couple years, as well as off road with no problems. I had to learn to drive it differnt on the street, (just when turning corners) but basicly the same. I have it turnnin the 44s now and it didn't bat an eye when I dumped the clutch at 4000 rpm on dry dirt.

Catfish 8)

·
Registered
715 Posts
and i am now running his lockrite and broke an axleshaft but the lock rite is still good
:)

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
mega ditto

On what Stretch says. The thing is in my 8.8 rear axle and it is awesome. As Stretch said I have hammered on that thing and it refuses to die even with the load the 38.5 tires are putting on it. I vote thumbs up on it. The only change I have made to it was to go with Mobile 1 synthetic, am using that in both diffs on Rusty and both diffs on my Titan.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
also

Cody, also I did not mention there is no noise from mine and I did drive it on the road to Gilmer several times from Carthage, wheeled it and then drove it back home. This was before full hydro steering though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm going to try one in SB, along with 5.13 gears. It's roughly half of what you'd spend on a Detroit.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
we got alot of thumbs up for the lockright!!!
that is cool since it is cheaper then the no-slip.
the main thing i was concern with was the lockright was noiser then the no-slip and this is mainly a street driven truck i was wanting to make sure it was not loud, since this is a quite truck.
I know it will act diffrently then a open diff so i will have to change my driving habit. Well hopefully come summer i will get either one. i am now leaning on the lockright but if i do ok this summer i might just get the no-slip.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
just read the instructions and make sure you set it up right. probly 90% of the people complaining about them set them up wrong. you can ask okie zuk about this as well. he'll tell you the same thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a powertrax lockrite in the front of my explorer's Dana 35. Yeah it's noisy if the hubs are locked and I'm in 2wd, but while in 4x4, the thing will not let loose, never hear a peep out of it while it's getting power, now the hubs...they groan and creak like my ol man.
in the rear I have a trac lok and it's silent, but doesn't work nearly as well.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Add On

Will it make any difference if you have a new jeep w/o manual hubs on the front?? It's a 04.5 with a Dana 30, I've yet to drive a vehicle that had this style locker. just the run of the mill limited slips. :fadein: So I'm looking for Real Life expeirence with them.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I heard it will make a world of diffrent in the front, you got auto hubs? it should work just the same as long as the hubs are engaging and since this is front you won't eperience any problem on road. but your rear would benifit the most i think with a locker of some sort. unless you got LS already.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well the sheet says I've got limited slip in the rear-D44. I guess if someone was standing outside they could see if it was really working. I haven't ever "felt" it engage or disengage. And the only time I get stuck spankn is when the frame is in the mud or I high center and my toes don't quite touch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts