Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was a productive week for me, as a few of you heard, my tow rig's 6.5 diesel sounded like it was going to fall out of it. i was told by a mechanic that had it on a rack to do an alignment that the harmonic balancer was broken, and i started looking on ebay and found one. so i won the auction and had it shipped to me, got it tuesday, went out to put it on and it was not the balancer that was broken but the bottom pulley. the pulley is encased in rubber and it had let go and that is why it rattled so bad, so i called the guy i won the balancer from to see if he had the pulley, he didn't, but knew exactly what i was talking about as it had happened to his rig, next day he called me back and said he could get a new one for 115 or a used one for 40; so he sent me the used one and i got it today, and put it on. made a world of difference, it actually sounds like a diesel now jamminzz

next project was the red cherokee, it had not been charging for a while, i had put 4 alternators on it within the last 2 months and none had charged, so when i went to nocona last weekend i took the new one from autozone with me and stopped in witchita falls to have them check it out, (no one in childress has an alternator tester) it showed to be charging around 14 volts, so i when i got home, i went out the next day and put the new one back on. and started checking things out, found a burnt fusible link, so i cut it out, and run an 8 gauge wire from the alternator to the relay where it joins up with the battery lead and it is charging again jamminzz

and no, i haven't even looked at the black cherokee yet, took it down to the shop and parked it, and maybe the rain washed some of the mud off of it :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Great. Now get one of them ready to wheel. 8)

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
cool deal Jeff thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Who is logined in as Jeff? :rofl:

rockonn

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Funny how all that mud got all over the Black jeep with only one tire turning :).

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
!

Glad you got the tow rig fixed Jeff, sorry the 1st part was not the one but glad he found what you needed!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mudnmyvayne said:
rockonn you can make it!!!!
i really wish i had the front end locked up first, need a dana 30 locker for it. the rear has an 8.8 ford and is welded up with 4.56's front and rear and some little 34 inch ltb's on it :cool:

i am really going to try and make it; i will be checking with y'all later in the week for some contact numbers so we can meet up jamminzz

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
You better come, or I'll make a detour and drag your butt up there myself.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, got out there today and relocated the front brake lines in case it gets some flex. need to get the stereo hooked up so i can have some tunes jamminzz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts