Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i had posted my project a while back when i jioned but i guess it was lost when there was website changes. So ill just report where iam and what i started with.

I started off with-
1977 Dodge M880
318 two barell
np-203
Dana 60 rear
Dana 44 Front
4.10 gears

Fixed up the old 318

started the paint job

Built some RCC hangers and shackles for a 4 inch lift in the front

36 Hummer tires

Started 440 swap

And that pretty much brings us up to date. well close enough.
I just got a Dana 60(30outers,35spline inners) Front out of a 1 ton dually and a Dana 70 rear ( 35spline) 4.56 gears. the plans are similars to Bruiser. I want to run some hummer rims. i think these axles will be wide enough. The rear axle is only a inch shorter on each side. so its not to big of a difference. also plans are to do a 3/4 ecliptical setup inthe rear. 52 inch springs up front and move the front axle forward 5-6 inches for better approach angle. Ive already got a line on a Np205 that i want to get, to reaplce the np203. the 203 doesn't like to stay in loc.

Thats all for now i iwll try to keep yall up dated with the project. I should be installing the 70 and 60 soon.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup thats it, i forgot what section i posted it in. i thought it was in the projects section but i guess its posted in the readers rider section. Sorry about that. if you want you can delete this post. Thanks for the help

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
it's kool :)

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Be sure to take lots o pics of the rear suspension setup. I want to see how that turns out! jamminzz

Get-R-Done and bring it to Barnwell, you will have a blast up there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should get the rear suspension on this summer some time. A buddy of mine is going to a 4 link and rockwells, so he is giving me his 3/4 ecliptical setup that is on his ramcharger. It works great on his so it should work out pretty well on mine. Then i got to do my front. going to try and move my front axle foward some and get about 2-3 more inchs of lift. The truck isn't going any where soon until i get the axles on and some hummer rims. the truck won't fit on the trailer witht he stock rims. don't worry ill take lots of pictures when i do it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dana 70 installed in the M880

I got the dana 70 installed this weekend

And here is the dana 60 i pulled out

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
I'm sure glad you are going with the 1/4 elliptical on the rear. I doubt those rear springs would ever give an inch. spankn

The 70 looks good underneath the truck! smokin

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bruiser said:
I'm sure glad you are going with the 1/4 elliptical on the rear. I doubt those rear springs would ever give an inch. spankn

The 70 looks good underneath the truck! smokin

Actaully im going with a 3/4 elliptical jamminzz
chevy one tons springs with a dodge upper spring.
yeah the 1 1/4 ton suspension doesn't move more than a inch, when i went rock crawling in rock springs i spent alot of time on three wheels. it can hold alot of weight but really sucks on the trails. good for mud though :) hopefully i iwll get the 60 up front and some long springs, move the axle forward, and then hacck then down the road ill get some bigger tires. If you want to see the suspension im going to run so up sam's RC RCCSaMiaM on Ramchargercentral. that is the 3/4 elliptical im going to use.

yeah i thought the 70 look good under it to. its alot wider smokin

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Sorry meant to say 3/4.

Did you find some hummer rims yet? You still running the NP203?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bruiser said:
Sorry meant to say 3/4.

Did you find some hummer rims yet? You still running the NP203?

Yeah i found some hummer rims they should be here tomorrow. yes i still have the np203, but i have aline on a 205 i might get pretty soon. also there rear 70 take a 1310 U-jiont so i want the 205 because it takes 1310 also.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The FEDEX truck paid me a visit today :)

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
rockonn :cool:

BTW, who's chevy fleetside truck is that? Looks like a very nice oringinal truck. My dad had a 59 when I was about 10 years old. Had the starter in the floor that you pushed with your foot after you turn the key on in the dash. I really liked that old truck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bruiser said:
rockonn :cool:

BTW, who's chevy fleetside truck is that? Looks like a very nice oringinal truck. My dad had a 59 when I was about 10 years old. Had the starter in the floor that you pushed with your foot after you turn the key on in the dash. I really liked that old truck.

Thanks,

That my Friend is a 1958 Chevy Apache Fleetside, Straight six, 3 on the tree, floor starter. It has been restored to orginal condition(except for the exhaust). the only thing not done is the fire wall isn't painted. Its not mine though, its my buddy's noah. i let him keep it in my garage since he doesn't have garage door on his. I like it, but i like dodge better. the Chevy is a sonic truck, drive it to sonic then drive it back to the garage :)

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
That's cool, tell Noah he has a very nice truck.

How much you got done on the front 60? Can't wait to see yours on hummer wheels as well. smokin

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bruiser said:
That's cool, tell Noah he has a very nice truck.

How much you got done on the front 60? Can't wait to see yours on hummer wheels as well. smokin
I need to replace the wheel studs and repack the bearings, paint the axle, find some U-bolts, a pass side spring plate(Mine is cut in half, junkyard cut it getting the axle off) then i think im ready. Im going this weekend to get my rear suspension hopefully but i won't put it on until i can afford the shocks and driveshafts.

Ive got some full pics of the 58chevy i can e-mail you if you want.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Sounds like your axle was in great shape with the minimal work you are having to do to it. That's great! I wasn't so lucky with either of the 60s I bought.

Sent pm for the pics of the 58.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got my 3/4 elliptical suspension

Going to start welder on it this weekend, still need to figure out the front suspension. Might just get some 6 inch springs :)

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Hey Eric I can't wait to see your suspension setup on the rear. Better yet how it will flex! jamminzz

Here is a link to what I did on my front suspension.

52" Rear Chevy Springs on a Dodge

If you look through my pics in the post or in my M880 Album you can see the hangers I built and how I did my bushings and shackles.

I can't wait to test all this stuff out.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bruiser said:
Hey Eric I can't wait to see your suspension setup on the rear. Better yet how it will flex! jamminzz

Here is a link to what I did on my front suspension.

52" Rear Chevy Springs on a Dodge

If you look through my pics in the post or in my M880 Album you can see the hangers I built and how I did my bushings and shackles.

I can't wait to test all this stuff out.
Thanks for the link it is giving some real good ideas. i might locate my 3/4 elliptcal under frame, try something different.

On your front shackle mounts you made, did you just bolt those back into the stock location or did you move it? if its in the stock location whats the point of makeing a new one? I like your front hangers looks good. rockonn

1 - 20 of 49 Posts