Texas 4x4 Forum banner

Project YJTJ

7K views 74 replies 17 participants last post by  Rastus 
#1 ·
Well guys... it's time for my lil heep to move up a notch... during the next 3-4 weeks there will be some major changes to my TJ.

What I intend to have when done will be a YJ with TJ Suspension,4" lift springs, 4:88 gears, with quick locks on both axles, and 36" TSL's on 15x8 beadlocks from DIY4X. for now the axles will be D30 front and D35 rear, unless I find a smoking deal on a rear D60... but for now, the D35 will have to do, due to budget restraints.

So with the help of my good friend RVreddog and the Midnight Fourwheelers... I'm gonna get Locked and Loaded

here's a pic of the Jeep at BMRA on 33's, stock springs, 1.75 coil spacers, & 2" body lift.

stay tuned

See less See more
#2 ·
why not use the D44 you have for sell..its locked and has the 4.88's already?..just curious....

#3 ·
it's full width, and setup for leaf springs. easier (on the budget) right now just to upgrade the D30

#6 ·
RVreddog and I went to Dallas and picked up the YJ tub & frame today. thanks truckguy19772 toast

#7 ·
why are you swapping tubs?? aren't they basically the same except for like the headlights or something??

just curious...i really dont know much about jeeps so i'm kinda lost here lol

#8 ·
Guess you didn't need my help fightte after all. Congrats! So after all this work, you won't need a Zuki pulling you up water falls anymore? popcornn

#9 ·
I like the YJ look and the TJ suspension... :)

I like being different lol .... I'm goofy... 8)

#10 ·
look at my Chevota.....lol i'm all about the diferent thing.....sad thing is i do that with everything....lol

its good to be diferent and can't wait to see that thing done

#11 ·
TX_ZUKI said:
Guess you didn't need my help fightte after all. Congrats! So after all this work, you won't need a Zuki pulling you up water falls anymore? popcornn
No, we got it pretty easy thanks to RVreddogs idea of a furniture dolly toast.

Preciate the offer tho bigok

#13 ·
cool project

Rastus that is going to be so cool. By the time we all get to Katemcy it will be such a different story this go round. I have heard a rumor we are doing the waterfall backwards again. Keep us updated with some pics too. Best of luck on the upgrade.

#14 ·
Plans have changed again.... 8) now I'm going to build the YJ with a 350 engine, 700r4-241, D44 frt, D60 rear, 4:88's... got it unloaded and on jackstands tonight, took some pics, but they did not turn out :(

TJ is getting 4:88's, beadlocks, 36" TSL's, 4" springs, along with a rear lincoln locker, and quick-lock in the front. the TJ will be done before the YJ is done. Mouse will be driving the YJ mostly I spect.

the YJ was too good not to build and I'll save time putting building the YJ as is..... Unless the plans change again :rofl: it's all just nuts and bolts anyways 8)

#16 ·
Rastus said:
Plans have changed again.... 8) now I'm going to build the YJ with a 350 engine, 700r4-241, D44 frt, D60 rear, 4:88's... got it unloaded and on jackstands tonight, took some pics, but they did not turn out :(

TJ is getting 4:88's, beadlocks, 36" TSL's, 4" springs, along with a rear lincoln locker, and quick-lock in the front. the TJ will be done before the YJ is done. Mouse will be driving the YJ mostly I spect.

the YJ was too good not to build and I'll save time putting building the YJ as is..... Unless the plans change again :rofl: it's all just nuts and bolts anyways 8)
hey Rastus 36" TSL's or 34's jamminzz

#17 ·
:rofl: Well... let's get the tape Vato lol

#18 ·
Looks like a nice project. I may be picking up another project truck before too long here. Got some new products that need to be fitted and tested and my current rig is too weird to fit anything for development.

#19 ·
cybrfire said:
Looks like a nice project. I may be picking up another project truck before too long here. Got some new products that need to be fitted and tested and my current rig is too weird to fit anything for development.

They all get that way after they have been loved!smokin

#20 ·
4:88's jamminzz

Attachments

#23 ·
Rastus, you should look into a ford 8.8 rear axle from a 95 - 2001 ford explorer. They have bigger tubes, ring and pinion, axle shafts plus the same width, bolt pattern, and they come with disk brakes.

I have one in my garage that will go under my future ZJ.

#24 ·
Sterjs said:
Rastus, you should look into a ford 8.8 rear axle from a 95 - 2001 ford explorer. They have bigger tubes, ring and pinion, axle shafts plus the same width, bolt pattern, and they come with disk brakes.

I have one in my garage that will go under my future ZJ.
you're right, I just did not have the $$ to buy another axle and convert it to fit my TJ as well as buying gears, etc.. but a 8.8 is in the plans or a 14 bolt

#26 · (Edited)
No, not yet. Planning on doing the R&P, SYE, install weekend of the 5th.

River Rat hooked me up on some 36 SX's jamminzz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.