Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna start on these next week. Will prolly take me a month to finish it up. Then it will be time for another test run. This test run showed that the front suspension, axle, driveshaft and hydro steering were fine. But the rear needs some work done to it. Need to lose the dovetailed sheet metal, put in 5.38's and propane.

Should kick azz after this round of mods.

Prolly be about the 3rd weekend or so of April for the next test run.

The baja claws seemed to do well, but needed to be aired down more, was running them at 10 psi in the front and 5 psi in the rear. Gonna try 5 psi in the front and 3 psi in the rear next time.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here are some pics of where I cut the rear off right behind the seats.

Gonna make a sheet metal wall behind the seats.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Damn! hacck

Looking good.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TX_ZUKI said:
Damn! hacck

Looking good.

You can tear up alot of stuff with a sawzall and a 12" blade in about 30 minutes.

I need to make the new rear hold a propane tank, toolbox and a cooler but still look nice.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
well

Now you have a clean slate to work from so you can design almost anything you want!

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Don't hold back with the hacck rockonn

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
why propane? your carb worked on it's side. from what i've seen you have to either have a pretty big propane tank or have a couple of them to last a full weekend.

seems like that would just be another thing to have to deal with to me. keep it simple and do alittle at a time and it will come together easier.

i fixed the zuk yesterday so i'm ready to go back out whenever ya'll are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts