Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys was just wondering if this is a good welder or not?

Lincoln Electric
Weld Pak 100HD Wire Feed Welder
Model K2189-1

Internet ID 166034
Brand Lincoln Electric
Manufacturer Lincoln Electric
Model # K2189-1
Flux-cored Gas Shielded .025 to .035"
Flux-cored Self Shielded Wire Utilized .035 In.
Output Polarity 25-135A DC
Power Requirement 115/1/60
Rated Output 88/18/20%
UPC CODE 015082781327
Welding Capacities Welds up 1/4 in. mild steel

its from the homedepot.

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
chevy79-86 said:
Power Requirement 115/1/60
i was always 'told' to stay away from any welder that runs off of 115 unless you just build models & fix swingsets.The only time i ever tried 1 was before i could run a bead.....

I think you could rig up a on board welder for as cheap,and in the long run have a more usefull setup.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have an older SP155 / 220volt machine. It's done just about everything I've ever wanted, good machine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm not sure i need an onboard welder just yet. i just wanted somthing i could do paperthin sheetmetal and still make good bumpers and maybe burn up a simi-custom lift.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If your looking for a good welder that won't bust your wallet, I would get a gas powered Arc welder. I have one that I bought from Tractor Supply and I've used it on everything you could think of, as long as you get the right electrode's (rods) that match the material and thickness your welding you'll be fine. Seriously, I wouldn't waste my time at Home Depot when Tractor Supply has a much better selection and better prices. Miller's and Hobart's are probably the best money can buy, but there are tons of other great machines that aren't big name brands, just check it out and see what fits you best.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
i have one its a good welder, it does burn good. its worth the money.
i got miller welder for sale its on a trailer it runs off of deisel.
electric start. 50 feet of lead - & +. it will come w/ spider box, rods, wire, good tires & also doubles as a generator :)
only for $1700.00
its over kill what i needed for now.
it tows good
-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.