Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This idea has been on my mind alot lately popcornn

What Im not sure about, is the rear steer setup. I have two options. 1). I can set up the rear to steer all the time,using the orbital valve to send fluid to the back as well as the front. The problem with this is I could only turn the tires in the rear when the fronts turn.....
2). Set up a electric hydro pump....where i could turn the rear on demand...any direction i want. This option would be better i think, but would require I watch my battery draw....I dont want to be out of juice with my wheels cranked all the way one direction nonon

Has anyone gone this route?? I want to run at least 48"treads....52" or 54" if I can swing it. jamminzz Im tired of lookin 4 a front D60... bsflg I can score 2 front rockwells...to my door... for only a few $$ more than a 'junk' D60...

Ideas???? bigok

·
Registered
695 Posts
It would take a little more parts but you could build it using and electically contolled valve like a Skytrak 8042 does. We have them at work. You can use two wheel steer,flip the switch for round steer, and flip the switch to the third position for crab steer.It is all controled with orbital steer valve. The selector valve just detremins where the fluid goes.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Hardline said:
It would take a little more parts but you could build it using and electically contolled valve like a Skytrak 8042 does. We have them at work. You can use two wheel steer,flip the switch for round steer, and flip the switch to the third position for crab steer.It is all controled with orbital steer valve. The selector valve just detremins where the fluid goes.

the company next door to mine has one of those skytrak things, I was watching it the other day and it would be cool to get ahold of one and check out the engineering of it.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
I think the Ripper has a good bit of knowledge on rockwells.

·
Registered
921 Posts
your forgetting one option...run a joystick valve to the rear and use the same pump.....

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
rear

Any way you go this is going to be so cool. Pics as you do it! Good luck on the project!!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I coppied a couple pages for you today out of a couple of my books. Hyd. sch.wiring sch. and couple other things that give you a this is how it works type pictures of the valving and ports. I will try to scan and post them for you tomorrow if I can. JJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts