Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
Bandwidth

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Rastus said:
Bandwidth
I am sure it used a lot using remote linking , Clint, use our Superford site.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'd assume it has to do with bandwith, as mentioned earlier. Linking a pic from one site to post to another takes bandwidth away from the host site. Linking a pic to a high-traffic site, such as pirate4x4 is a good way to suck a hell of a lot of bandwidth, which we all know isn't free. At least that's my understanding of it...

I use a free account on one of those web image hosting sites and with the few pics that I have linked over on pirate, I've used 517.60mb of my 500mb monthly bandwidth allowed... oopsie :D

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
animator said:
I'd assume it has to do with bandwith, as mentioned earlier. Linking a pic from one site to post to another takes bandwidth away from the host site. Linking a pic to a high-traffic site, such as pirate4x4 is a good way to suck a hell of a lot of bandwidth, which we all know isn't free. At least that's my understanding of it...

I use a free account on one of those web image hosting sites and with the few pics that I have linked over on pirate, I've used 517.60mb of my 500mb monthly bandwidth allowed... oopsie :D

Thats cool, I got my red star now, so it aint a big deal. Not gonna sweat over it.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Hey clint what ever happened to your website you had when you started your zuk?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.