Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep in mind i have NO autobody experiance.Just a guy who dosent want to loose his wife out the pass. side of the truck. bigok

Before:

After

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bigok

·
Super Moderator
6,117 Posts
Looks good. That's a pretty good idea for the mirrors.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
I hope you don't regret not wanting to loose to loose the wife! :)

I'm just playing, good work. Gives me some ideas on how to make my body last untill I can tube it out. Be glad she will go with you, I get told all the time how lucky I am.

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rockonn

thanks for all the bigok

I must confess i had some help.... welder I did the hacck & a long time wheelin pal hooked me up with some welds to get it held in place. Neither of us expected it to look even that good..... I almost think with some grinding i could bolt my doors back on... :cool: Not real big on the "perfect" look so it fits my ride just fine jamminzz

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mudgod said:
Be glad she will go with you, I get told all the time how lucky I am.
She is very picky about the kind of trails she will ride with me on....

She does not like...
too steep or long of climbs
stinky or real wet mud
haulin' arss
stuff I should know better.... :)
But she dosent mind
some mud
she will watch me try & get unstuck all day
mild climbs
sand

yea...im lucky :rolleyes:

·
Registered
124 Posts
i love how wide those tires are. mine are way to skinny!

are those panels mostly for looks...as in there is not much structural integrity at play here. I may need to replace mine and was hoping it was as easy as cutting it out and fitting the replacement part. Did you have to brace anything behind it at all?

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wheelerjb said:
are those panels mostly for looks... I was hoping it was as easy as cutting it out and fitting the replacement part. Did you have to brace anything behind it at all?
yep,mostly for looks...the worst part was really the cleanup :)

the only bracing it got was some 1" [] tubing to weld the floor to.

jamminzz sad part is after only 1 run chances are REAL good ALL of it is getting cut out in the near future..... :rolleyes: Just as soon as I can make up my mind about how far i want to go with the "strip-down". Im thinking stuff like fenders & rocker panels just get in the way :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts