Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I finally got into this stage of building Rusty! THANKS Bruiser and Mudgod for all the great help! I could not be doing this without your help.

Bye Bye trusty ol' Ford 8.8

Attachments

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More mods

Yet to be installed is the 4.1:1 Klune-V, Propane fuel system and the IROK 42" tires. Almost have the T-case out and then will be waiting on the Klune-V to get here. Still getting the front Dana 60 ready, it will be 5.86:1 and locked with full hydro steering and high steer.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
rockonn

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
:multi::multi:Looking good Mark

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
If Mark would help Eric and me it would go alot faster! :)

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
1funny1 1funny1 lol

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
mudgod said:
If Mark would help Eric and me it would go alot faster! :)
You gotta remember, he rebuilt my rear axle trussing all day saturday so he prolly didnt have any energy left. Big thanks to oldgoat saturday or I would have not been able to wheel at all last weekend.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
I just playing! Rusty is going to be rebuilt better than ever! I just glad to be finally able to repay some of the work he has done on the K50. Mark really is doing some major upgrades.
Stretch said:
You gotta remember, he rebuilt my rear axle trussing all day saturday so he prolly didnt have any energy left. Big thanks to oldgoat saturday or I would have not been able to wheel at all last weekend.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
energy

I admit my energy level has all but vanished, medical reasons which I will not go into but, with friends such as y'all the work is getting done. Glad I was able to help out. So long as I can get my butt into the drivers seat I'm gonna wheel.
Main goal is to make the katemcy run, hope it all falls into place by then, there will be a test run at Gilmer in April.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
It will happen OldGoat, I don't care if it takes a few more nights of wrenching or a 100 more nights of wrenching. We will get Rusty back on the trail.jamminzz jamminzz It will defeintely be worth it with all the mods you are doing this go around. I can't wait to see the look on your face when you climb DeWoody without any assistance.smokin

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh yeah!!!

Got the t-case out for cleaning and total rebuild, got the rear end completely finished, brakes, shocks and all, working on the front when I feel well. Am gonna make Katemcy and yep if I do not feel strong then camp and visiting will have to suffice. Bet I haul myself into that seat for a run or two!
Can you taste the huevos rancheros? The fish and fries? Pancakes, eggs and bacon? Can you see the excellent scenery? Can you just feel the rocks flexing the suspension, changing planes quickly and bumping your rig up and down? People laughing and oohing and ahhing. The rock lizzards? Gonna be great. Can't wait.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Mudgodess and I came by your shop about 6 this morning. We thought about moving the Titan around to the back of the shop. I also thought it would have been funny to put the back tires on Rusty. Seen you had the T-case out. The wife likes the new wheels.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yep

I heard you rattle the door, I was uhhhh busy, and that is all I got to say about that, lol
Yep, have made a little progress each day, got the shocks remounted for the final fit, got the rear brake lines done, working oin the front Dana 60 fast as I can.
jamminzz

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
links

Looks like the links are broken, do not know how to fix that, will repost the pics , have some new ones this evening anyway.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
Wait until the site transfer has finished before trying to fix any pic links or post any new pictures.

should this be in the projects forum?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts