Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been awhile since I bought this, but finally got started on the installation of a 10-point rollcage kit from S&W Racecars. Posting pics as I go along at

http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=1133&s=23452#content

If anyone in the Houston area can lend a helping hand, I could sure use it!!! Any comments, advice, questions, etc. are welcome, JSM84

(P.S., I like the new look of the boards here at TX4x4!)

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
bigok what you've gotten done looks good... you keeping the snake?? smokin

S&W make some nice cages at really good prices.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rastus said:
bigok what you've gotten done looks good... you keeping the snake?? smokin

S&W make some nice cages at really good prices.
Thanks, and there was a real live snake under the center console .Scarred the daylights out of me at first!

If you have any ideas on tying the cage into the frame, please post. I planned to do a top and bottom plate with tubing under that going to the frame. I'l post some more pictures of the limited space and the junk in my way when I get to that crossroad. The easy way is just to cut holes in the floor and pass the support tubing direct to the frame.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finished welding up the cab portion of the cage, posted a ton more pics over at SFO. I also found some good info on mounting the cage to the frame over at Pirate4x4.com

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made some custom subframe mounts for the rollcage, and added the crossmembers for the PRP seats. Final item to work on is the rear support brace mod using some 0.500" tubing clamps. I ordered these two weeks ago, just waiting for a local machine shop to finish making them. If I can figure out how to post pics in a gallery here, I'll add a few from the SFO album, JSM84

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, 4x4Freak, for that link!!! I'll post some pics in my gallery first chance I get. I'll have to hang out with you folks when I come to Lubbock to work later this Summer. I need 4WD just to get around y'all's county roads up there and have a fondness for those caliche pits!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, finally got back home from Lubbock. THe cage kit install was put on hold since I blew the motor in July, turns out I bent 2 piston rods. THe Bronco is up near Georgetown, TX as I evacuated right before Rita was coming into Matagorda. I want to remove the cage kit for final welding and painting, and need some muscle. Working on that over the holidays, and got a 380HP- 302 Stroker to replace the 351W. Basically doing a rolling restoration over the winter months, so would appreciate any help from you dudes!!! JSM84

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
About time! beer