Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andy Taylor from Kingsland, Texas was shot during a traffic stop last night died today @ 3:30 pm. please remember his family in your prayers.

He was active on the Austink5 board and was helping to open up a new OHV park in Kingsland.

Story in the Austin-Statesman is here. http://www.statesman.com/metrostate/content/metro/stories/05/10llano.html

requires free registration.

LLANO — A Llano County sheriff's deputy died this afternoon of a gunshot wound he suffered during a traffic stop Sunday night in Kingsland.

Llano sheriff's officials said the deputy, Andy Taylor, 28, died about 3:30 p.m.

The suspect in the shooting, Eric Richard Wolfe, 30, was airlifted to the hospital this morning with what is believed to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound suffered after authorities closed in on him at a campsite in a rural part of the county.

Officials said they think Taylor made the stop at 11:15 p.m. Sunday.

Working from information Taylor relayed to dispatchers before he was shot, authorities quickly identified Wolfe as their prime suspect and got a warrant to arrest him for attempted capital murder.

They found him at a campsite in rural Llano County this morning.

Wolfe, who was listed in critical condition at Brackenridge Hospital, is on parole from Pennsyvlania. He served five years for robbery before he was released to be supervised by Texas parole officers in 2003, prison officials in both states said.

Wolfe obeyed the terms of his parole until April 19, when Texas officials alerted Pennsylvania that he missed a meeting with his parole officer, said Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokesman Mike Viesca.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
RIP :cry:

·
I've met Johnny Cash
2,207 Posts
My dad was a cop for 20 years, so I identify and grieve with his family. It's a thankless, low-paying job of taking out the trash every day.

If the suspect unfortunately happens to survive, I'll gladly volunteer to give him the Big Flu Shot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.